[Davis Democrats] Davis Democrat Club board meeting on November 2

G Richard Yamagata PhD yamagata at virtual-markets.net
Tue Oct 25 21:02:10 PDT 2005

Greetings Davis Democrat Club Boardmembers,

One Week Notice.
There will be a Davis Democrat Club board meeting on Wednesday, November 2nd
at 7PM in the Blanchard Room of the Davis Branch of the Yolo County Library.
The address is 315 East 14th Street.

Please note that any Davis Democrat Club member is welcome to attend the
meetings.  We normally have at least 1 to 4 guests per meeting.  We have
never had a meeting without someone from the public in attendance.  At the
last meeting we had 5 guests.

The club by-laws say that people cannot miss 3 meetings in a row without an
excuse.

There is going to be a Thursday, December 1 Holiday Party.  We will discuss
the details.

If you have any suggestions for the agenda, please send them to Kingsley,
Tony, or me via the list.  There should be a final agenda sent out on
Sunday, January 8th.  Please also be aware that someone will be telephoning
the board members to remind them of the meeting, probably Betty Weir.  I
have already received some unofficial input from other DDC board members on
this preliminary agenda.

Please find below the location and time for the next meeting:

DDC Board Meeting
Time: 7 PM to 8:04 PM
Place: Blanchard Room of the Davis Branch of the Yolo County Library.
                315 East 14th Street.

Please find the preliminary agenda below.

Preliminary Agenda -- this is only a preliminary agenda.  The agenda will
change as it is worked on by the President and Vice President.

        Davis Democratic Club Meeting Agenda
                November 2, 7 pm - 8pm
     Place: Blanchard Room of the Davis Branch of the Yolo County Library.
                315 East 14th Street.

I.  Introduction   (12 minutes)
        i.    Approval of Agenda
        ii.   Approval of Minutes for past meetings as they are submitted.
        iii.  Comments and issues from the Public and general members.
              a. from public for unscheduled presentations.
        iv.   Minutes and reports from other clubs and campus Democrats
              a. Specific report from the Woodland Club, Lyle S.
              b. Report from Yolo County Young Democrats, Lyle or Rich.
              c. Report from UCDavis Campus Democrats, Angela T.
              d. Report on the President's activities for the club, Tony G.
                 (Report on State Democrat Party and November Election)
              e. Minutes from the September 7th and October 5th of the DDC.

II.  Treasurer's Report     (4 minutes)

III. Yolo County Fair Booth (5 minutes)

IV.  Holiday Party       (12 minutes)
        i.   Chair report.
        ii.  Other details and discussion

V.   Discussion of Bean Feed (5 minutes)

VI.  Content of the Next Newsletter (6 minutes)
        i.   Circulation -- is everyone happy?
        ii.  Update by newsletter committee
        iii. Story ideas

VII.  New and Unfinished Business (12 minutes)
        i.   Announcements- upcoming events
        ii.  Items for next meeting
        iii. Next Meeting Time/Location -- need to set date for December
        iv.  Meeting adjournment

Time:  56 minutes