[Davis Democrats] Campaign kick off follow-up

Rhonda Anthony Gruska rjgruska at pacbell.net
Sat Sep 24 21:01:33 PDT 2005

Hi,

This afternoon approximately 30 people showed up at the Davis Library to mobilize for the November Special Election. The game plan is for Dems to take responsibility for walking the precinct where they live in order to educate their neighborhood about the propositions and the importance of voting, preferably by absentee ballot.  We distributed a total of 21 precincts this afternoon!  Please respond to this message claiming your precinct (or a neighboring one if yours is taken). If you don't know your precinct, just send us your address and we will find it for you.

The great news is that the Alliance for a Better California has provided us with four amazing staff to help Yolo with this campaign and is providing funding for headquarters space for the next 7 weeks, so let us know if you have any leads.

The bottom line is that we defeated the governor during the last election by re-electing Senator Mike Machado.  We can do it again by supporting nurses, firefighters, teachers and other member of working families that have been targeted by this costly, unneeded election.

The Democratic organizations positions are:

NO on Prop. 73
NO on Prop. 74
NO on Prop. 75
NO on Prop. 76
NO on Prop. 77
NO on Prop. 78
YES on Prop. 79
YES on Prop. 80

The Alliance for A Better California is concentrating on defeating Propositions 74, 75, 76, and 77, however walkers can focus on as many propositions as they feel they have time to cover.

Best,
Tony and Rhonda