[Davis Democrats] Condensed Announcement for Tonight

G Richard Yamagata PhD yamagata at virtual-markets.net
Tue Apr 4 14:53:34 PDT 2006

I have been receiving numerous phone calls about tonight.  Please find the
Frequently Asked Questions below:

Q. Where is the meeting?  When is the meeting?

A. The General Meeting and Potluck is being held in the Blanchard Room of
the Davis Branch of the Yolo County Library.  The Address is 315 East 14th
Street.
The meeting starts with the potluck at 7 PM.
The Candidates Forum starts at 7:30 PM.
There will be voting on endorsing candidates at 8:30 PM.
We need to be out of the room at 9 PM or the club will be fined by the library.

Q. What is happening at 6 PM?

A. There is a Davis Democrat Club Board Meeting at 6PM to 7PM.  All members
are invited to attend.  At this time any new agenda items will need to be
voted on at the next meeting in May.  The final agenda for this meeting has
gone out, but new agenda items can be added for a vote on them at the next
board meeting.

Q. What can I bring to the Potluck at 7 PM?

A. You can bring your favorite food to feed 4 to 6 people.  The follwing is
a suggestion or a guideline.  For last names starting with the following
letters:
N-Z  Bring a main dish
I-M  Bring a dessert
A-H  Bring a salad dish (green, macaroni, or potato or other)

Q. What is the format of the candidate's forum at 7:30 PM?

A. Because there are not that many City Council Candidates and few
candidates for the other contested races, we are not going to have a panel
discussion, like in other years.  The candidates will present a prepared
statement to the club as to why they should be supported by the club and the
general public in the June Election.

Q. How will the endorsement votes be conducted at 8:30 PM?

A. The endorsement votes will be conducted by secret ballot.  You must be an
up-to-date member of the club that has paid his or her dues to vote.  We
have currently over 130 members that have paid their dues, but we think that
only 40 members will turn out for this event.

If you have any further questions, please call Richard Yamagata at 848-8634.

G Richard Yamagata  PhD
CEO/President   VME Inc.   http://www.vme.net/

G Richard Yamagata is a member of the Davis Community Network Board of
Directors, a member of the board of the Business Link of Woodland and Davis,
Secretary of the Board of Directors for the Davis Democrat Club, President
of the board of Virtual Market Enterprises, Inc, Secretary-Treasurer
of the board of the Davis Progressive Business Exchange and communications
liason of the Independent Order of Oddfellows Chapter 169.

Visit The Woodland Opera House
at:  http://www.vme.net/opera/
Davis Virtual Market - http://virtual-markets.net/vme/
Fresno - http://vme.net/fvm/   Rochester, NY - http://vme.net/rvm/
Sacramento - http://virtual-markets.com/svm/  Vacaville - http://vme.net/vvm/
Woodland  - http://vme.net/wvm/
"Pet, Vets, You, and Dr.Sue - http://vme.net/dvm/DrSue/

The thoughts expressed are my own and do not reflect the policies or opinions
of DVM, FVM, GVM, RVM, WVM, VVM, VME Inc, DCN, DDC, BLWD, DPBE, or IOOF.