[Davis Democrats] FW: from Barack Obama, DSCC

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Tue Apr 18 08:19:03 PDT 2006

------ Forwarded Message
From: "Sen. Barack Obama, DSCC" <info at dscc.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 09:48:43 -0400 (EDT)
To: <jac07 at dcn.org>
Subject: Had Enough?

 <http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?key=14681061&url_num=1&url=h
ttp://www.dscc.org/>

Dear John,
Sen. Barack Obama

I don't know about you, but I think we've all had enough.  Enough of the
broken promises.  Enough of the failed leadership.  Enough of the can't-do,
won't-do, won't-even-try style of governance.

I've had enough of so-called leaders who don't think government should even
try to solve the big, national problems.  In their clouded philosophy,
government is the problem.  I've had enough of the attitude that we'd be
better off if we just divvy it up into individual tax breaks and let
everyone fend for themselves.  I think we've all had enough of being told to
buy your own health care, your own retirement security, your own child care,
your own schools, your own private security force, your own roads, and your
own levees.

This idea of America can never actually work because it so fundamentally
ignores our legacy as a people.  Our greatness as a nation has always
depended on our sense of national community and mutual responsibility.
Everybody has a stake in America.  We're all in this together and everybody
gets a fair shot at opportunity.

As Democrats, we still believe in the idea of America.  We're ready to
compete in an increasingly interconnected world.  We're ready to conduct a
smart foreign policy that matches the might of our military with the power
of our diplomacy.

In short, we're ready to lead. Electing a Democratic Senate is the first
step to rejecting the failed leadership and failed philosophies.  It's a
step we can accomplish in just a few short months, but only if the DSCC can
rely on your support.  Please make a contribution today and do your part to
help change our country.

Click here to make a secure online contribution of $250, $500, or more.
Your donation will help the DSCC elect Democrats in Senate races across the
country.
<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?key=14681061&url_num=2&url=ht
tps://secure.democratsenators.org/dia/organizations/dscc/shop/20060418_obama
_HD.jsp>

It's the timidity - the smallness - of our politics that's holding America
back and making our people uncertain. The idea that some problems are just
too big to handle, and if you just ignore them, they'll go away.

You and I have seen what this can't-do attitude has brought us: failure.

We, as Democrats, have a responsibility to change our politics.  Now is the
time for us to stand up and make our mark on history.  It's time for America
to learn how to dream again and to do great things in the face of serious
challenges.

That's the idea of America our Democratic Senate candidates are fighting
for.  Today, they need your help.  In state after state, our candidates are
leading in the public opinion polls.  But they still face an uphill battle
because our opponents can simply outspend our candidates and drown out
Democratic ideas.

Now is the time to take action.  With your help, the DSCC can make sure
Democratic Senate candidates have the resources they need to compete and
win.  We can only begin the hard work ahead of us once we have changed the
balance of power in Washington.  Please make a contribution today.

<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?key=14681061&url_num=3&url=ht
tps://secure.democratsenators.org/dia/organizations/dscc/shop/20060418_obama
_HD.jsp>

Electing a Democratic Senate is the first step in changing our politics and
our country.  It's a step that we can accomplish in just a few short months.
And it's the sole mission of the DSCC.  We need your help to succeed.

Please join me today and make an investment in the idea of America Democrats
hold dear.

Sincerely,

Barack Obama

When you make a contribution today, the DSCC will put your money to work
right away in the campaign to put a stop to George Bush's extreme agenda.

If you received this message from a friend, click this button to join the
DSCC.
 <http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?key=14681061&url_num=4&url=h
ttps://secure.democratsenators.org/dia/organizations/dscc/shop/20060418_obam
a_HD.jsp>
 <http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?key=14681061&url_num=5&url=h
ttp://admin.dscc.org/dia/organizations/dscc/signUp.jsp?key=9>
This message was sent to jac07 at dcn.org. To unsubscribe from the DSCC's email
list, please click here.
<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?key=14681061&url_num=6&url=ht
tp://admin.dscc.org/dia/organizations/dscc/unsubscribe.jsp?unsubscribe>  You
can also send a reply to this message with "unsubscribe" in the subject
line.