[Davis Democrats] Angelides endorses Clean Money Initiative--Prop 89-

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Fri Aug 4 17:05:40 PDT 2006

------ Forwarded Message
From: Phil Angelides <info at angelides.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 18:57:13 GMT
To: john chendo <jac07 at dcn.org>
Subject: Ready to "Clean House" in Sacramento?

 <https://contribute.angelides.com/01/angelides_contribute>

 Dear john,

Some quotes from Governor Schwarzenegger are more memorable than others.
Perhaps "hasta la vista, baby" and "I'll be back" come to mind, but how
about this one:
> "I will go to Sacramento and I will clean house. I don't have to take money
> from anybody. I have plenty of money."
Despite all his self-proclaimed wealth, Governor Schwarzenegger has taken a
whopping $94 million in special interest money. That's a lot of cash, wonder
where it's coming from? I'll tell you ­ over $7 million alone came from oil
executives, insurance companies, and Wal-Mart. Our grassroots - not special
interests - is our power. Now we need our grassroots ­ over 70,000 activists
and 22,000 donors - to help the Democrats "clean house" and send Governor
Schwarzenegger home. That's why I'm launching our Take Back CA in 2006
Monthly Giving Team. By committing to give just $20.06 each month, YOU can
help us run the best campaign and win the fight every step of the way. Click
here to join the Take Back CA in 2006 Team and commit to give $20.06 each
month until the election!
<https://contribute.angelides.com/01/takebackcateam/nhdALNBd1czEc?> The
Governor and his staff, plucked straight from the Bush/Cheney White House,
are claiming that I am going to take our state backwards. They've already
spent $16 million on ads to try to convince you of that. Frankly, what I
think is "backwards" is a leader who goes back on his word. In 2003,
Governor Schwarzenegger promised to "clean house," but he's so beholden to
his special interest donors that he hasn't endorsed Proposition 89, the
Clean Money Initiative on the November ballot.

I am endorsing Proposition 89 because I believe that government should
answer to the voices of Californians, not corporate special interests. So
don't wait - join me today as we take on this fight! Click here to join the
Take Back CA in 2006 Team. Make a monthly contribution of just $20.06 and
help take back California!
<https://contribute.angelides.com/01/takebackcateam/nhdALNBd1czEc?> This
election isn't about big bucks; it's about change. 22,000 people have
generously invested in our campaign because they believe we can put
California back on track. I know we will win this fight November, but I need
your help today. Please don't wait ­ join us today. Sincerely, Phil
Angelides

Visit the web address below to tell your friends about this.
 Tell-a-friend!
<http://action.angelides.com/angelides2006/join-forward.html?domain=angelide
s2006&r=hdALNBd1czEc&> This message was sent to jac07 at dcn.org. Visit your
subscription management page
<http://action.angelides.com/angelides2006/smp.tcl?nkey=wi3k3ixz453tt77&>
to modify your email communication preferences or update your personal
profile. To stop ALL email from Angelides 2006, click to remove
<http://action.angelides.com/angelides2006/remove-domain-direct.tcl?ctx=cent
er&nkey=wi3k3ixz453tt77&>  yourself from our lists (or reply via email with
"remove" in the subject line).

1331 21st Street, Sacramento, CA 95814
(916) 448-1998 * (916) 446-0966 fax * info at angelides.com
<http://www.angelides.com>

Contributions to Angelides 2006 are not tax deductible for federal income
tax purposes.
 <http://www.getactive.com>