[Davis Democrats] 3 Week Reminder for Ice Cream Social

G Richard Yamagata PhD yamagata at virtual-markets.net
Thu Aug 10 20:47:13 PDT 2006

Greetings All,

This is a 3 week reminder for the Emily and Jerry's Ice Cream Social.

This annual event is held at the home of Jerry and Teresa Kaneko and their
cat, Emily (Emily's List).
Event Date:  August 31.
Event Time:  6 PM ice cream;  6:30 Soap Box
Event Address:  556 Reed Drive
                Davis, CA

The cost is suggested $10 donation at the door.

This is a Thursday evening event, scheduled for 6PM.  The Soapbox will open
at 6:30PM.  Come for ice cream at an event perfectly timed for after dinner
dessert.  Come hear all the Yolo County electeds and political pundits speak
at the club's annual soapbox event.  All club members are invited and can
address the group from the Soapbox.  Voice your political statements to all
assembled.  Expected guests that will speak include: Former Davis City
Councilman Jerry Kaneko (MC of the soapbox); Davis City Councilmembers
including active Davis Democrat Club members, Sue Greenwald (Mayor Pro-tem),
Don Saylor, our friend to the DDC Board Stephen Souza and Lamar Heystek; our
State Assembly representative, Lois Wolk; and Yolo County Supervisor, Mariko
Yamada and Yolo County Supervisor Frank Seiferman Jr and Ellie Fairclough
representing Congressman Mike Thompson.  Also expected to attend and speak
are a number of the Davis School Boardmembers, including Jim Provenza.

If you are an elected and have not been mentioned in this e-mail, please
contact me and let me know you are coming.  Jerry Kaneko can only announce
you if he knows you are at this event.

As long as light permits, all club members are invited to step up to the
soap box and speak.  There will be a 2 to 3 minute limitation on speakers,
so get your speach prepared and come speak out!

Take care,

Richard

G Richard Yamagata  PhD
CEO/President   VME Inc.   http://www.vme.net/

G Richard Yamagata is a member of the Davis Community Network Board of
Directors, a member of the board of the Business Link of Woodland and Davis,
Secretary of the Board of Directors for the Davis Democrat Club, President
of the board of Virtual Market Enterprises, Inc, Secretary-Treasurer
of the board of the Davis Progressive Business Exchange and communications
liason of the Independent Order of Oddfellows Chapter 169.

Visit The Woodland Opera House
at:  http://www.vme.net/opera/
Davis Virtual Market - http://virtual-markets.net/vme/
Fresno - http://vme.net/fvm/   Rochester, NY - http://vme.net/rvm/
Sacramento - http://virtual-markets.com/svm/  Vacaville - http://vme.net/vvm/
Woodland  - http://vme.net/wvm/
"Pet, Vets, You, and Dr.Sue - http://vme.net/dvm/DrSue/

The thoughts expressed are my own and do not reflect the policies or opinions
of DVM, FVM, GVM, RVM, WVM, VVM, VME Inc, DCN, DDC, BLWD, DPBE, or IOOF.