[Davis Democrats] FW: Charlie's Challenge--Is Doolittle Corrupt or Ineffective?

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Thu Aug 17 19:49:31 PDT 2006

------ Forwarded Message
From: Charlie Brown <info at brown4congress.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 11:54:22 -0400 (EDT)
To: <jac07 at dcn.org>
Subject: Charlie's Challenge--Is Doolittle Corrupt or Ineffective?

    Charlie's Challenge #4
 Is Doolittle Corrupt or Ineffective? August 2006

      Dear John,
The battle rages on.

 Two weeks ago, I asked John Doolittle to commit to a schedule of debates on
the many important issues facing our district and our country.

 In the wake of appalling revelations about his support for a Jack Abramoff
client that tolerates sweatshops, forced abortions, and sex slavery, John
Doolittle has yet to respond.  Instead, he¹s launched a pathetic ³Rovian²
style campaign of division and misinformation designed to distract voters
from nearly two decades of corrupt and ineffective leadership.  I will not
allow John Doolittle¹s smear tactics and half-truths to go unanswered.  I
need your help to fight back.

Click Here
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=aohjuxbab.0.u5vhqwbab.ubgj4pbab.18&ts=S0201&p=http%
3A%2F%2Fwww.charliebrownforcongress.org%2FSPM%2Fdonate.html>  to Fight Back!

That¹s why this morning, I launched the first two radio commercials of the
general election season, which will be running across the 4th CD over the
next week.  And, to keep these spots running in the weeks to come, I am
issuing my latest Charlie¹s Challenge‹asking you to help me raise $30,000 by
August 25th.

Click Here
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=aohjuxbab.0.u5vhqwbab.ubgj4pbab.18&ts=S0201&p=http%
3A%2F%2Fwww.charliebrownforcongress.org%2FSPM%2Fdonate.html>  to rise to the
Challenge!

The first spot, entitled ³Honor,² is narrated by former Senator Max Cleland
and highlights my lifelong record of service to America and the high
standards of leadership and integrity that I will bring with me to
Washington.  You can listen to the ad now at
href="http://www.charliebrownforcongress.org">www.
charliebrownforcongress.org.

The second highlights John Doolittle¹s deep ties to both Congressional
bribery scandals, and the ³Do- Little² record he has amassed on issues like
national security, soaring gas prices, budget deficits, and moral
leadership---posing the question that seems to be on everyone¹s lips, ³Is
John Doolittle Corrupt, or is he Ineffective?²  I want you to decide.  Visit
www.corruptorineffective.com
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=aohjuxbab.0.nkjxuxbab.ubgj4pbab.18&ts=S0201&p=http%
3A%2F%2Fwww.corruptorineffective.com>  to listen to the spot and cast your
vote today!

Click Here
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=aohjuxbab.0.u5vhqwbab.ubgj4pbab.18&ts=S0201&p=http%
3A%2F%2Fwww.charliebrownforcongress.org%2FSPM%2Fdonate.html>  to keep the
ads running!

John Doolittle is running scared and will do just about anything‹especially
now that his corrupted House cronies Bob Ney, Tom DeLay and "Duke"
Cunningham have left him to fend for himself.  He¹s spending hundreds of
thousands in taxpayer dollars in ³franked² campaign mailers, complete with
distortions and half-truths.  Answering this week¹s challenge means helping
the real truth reach thousands of 4th CD voters.

  For example, a gift of $500-$1000 buys a :60 AM Drive Time slot on our
most popular local radio stations, and a gift of $250-$500 buys a PM Drive
Time slot.

Click Here
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=aohjuxbab.0.u5vhqwbab.ubgj4pbab.18&ts=S0201&p=http%
3A%2F%2Fwww.charliebrownforcongress.org%2FSPM%2Fdonate.html>  to Contribute
Now.

Friends, the momentum is solidly on our side, and together, we are charting
a prosperous and more secure course for America---free from waste,
corruption, and the incompetent public policy it breeds.

I am honored by your continued support, and your thoughtful consideration of
this week¹s important request.

Very Sincerely,

Charlie

P.S.  Please Forward this urgent message to 5 Friends.

 Email: info at brown4congress.org

 Phone: 800-727-6968; 916-78-BROWN

 Web: http://www.charliebrownforcongress.org
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=aohjuxbab.0.95vhqwbab.ubgj4pbab.18&ts=S0201&p=http%
3A%2F%2Fwww.charliebrownforcongress.org>

Forward email
<http://ui.constantcontact.com/sa/fwtf.jsp?m=1101121493044&ea=jac07%40dcn.or
g&a=1101378395584>

 <http://ui.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?p=un&m=1101121493044&ea=jac07%40dcn.or
g&se=18&t=1101378395584&lang=en&reason=F> This email was sent to
jac07 at dcn.org, by info at brown4congress.org
Update Profile/Email Address
<http://ui.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?p=oo&m=1101121493044&ea=jac07%40dcn.org
&se=18&t=1101378395584&lang=en&reason=F>  | Instant removal with
SafeUnsubscribe
<http://ui.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?p=un&m=1101121493044&ea=jac07%40dcn.org
&se=18&t=1101378395584&lang=en&reason=F>  | Privacy Policy
<http://ui.constantcontact.com/roving/CCPrivacyPolicy.jsp> .