[Davis Democrats] Today-Charlie's Challenge--radio spots--Charlie's son piloted a silent Doolittle over Iraq

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Fri Aug 25 13:30:52 PDT 2006

------ Forwarded Message
From: Charlie Brown <info at brown4congress.org>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 14:43:10 -0400 (EDT)
To: <jac07 at dcn.org>
Subject: Final Day of Charlie's Challenge--Is Doolittle Corrupt or
Ineffective?

    Charlie's Challenge #4
 Is Doolittle Corrupt or Ineffective? August 2006

      Dear John,
Thanks to you, our radio ads are running across the 4th CD, and John
Doolittle is running for his political life.

With one day left in our latest Charlie¹s Challenge, we¹re just $3,000 shy
of our $30,000 goal.  The response to date has been incredible, but I need
your help today so we can keep our message on the air, and the truth about
John Doolittle¹s corrupt and ineffective
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=cna59xbab.0.dzxfyxbab.ubgj4pbab.18&ts=S0201&p=http%
3A%2F%2Fwww.corruptorineffective.com%2F>  record in public view.  If you
haven¹t given yet, I¹m asking that you please consider rising to the
challenge today.

Click Here
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=cna59xbab.0.u5vhqwbab.ubgj4pbab.18&ts=S0201&p=http%
3A%2F%2Fwww.charliebrownforcongress.org%2FSPM%2Fdonate.html> to Rise to the
Challenge!

Remember, every dollar makes a huge difference.  For example, a gift of
$500-$1000 buys a :60 AM Drive Time slot on our most popular local radio
stations, and a gift of $250-$500 buys a PM Drive Time slot.

Click Here
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=cna59xbab.0.u5vhqwbab.ubgj4pbab.18&ts=S0201&p=http%
3A%2F%2Fwww.charliebrownforcongress.org%2FSPM%2Fdonate.html>  to Contribute
Now!

And speaking of Doolittle¹s record, just 2 days ago, I posted my latest blog
on dailykos
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=cna59xbab.0.rse49xbab.ubgj4pbab.18&ts=S0201&p=http%
3A%2F%2Fwww.dailykos.com%2Fstoryonly%2F2006%2F8%2F23%2F135031%2F456> .  It¹s
a story that many of you have heard, and one that many more have asked me
about---namely, John Doolittle¹s trip to Iraq this past February.  An
obvious effort to try and hide from the growing media buzz surrounding his
ties to both Congressional bribery scandals, Doolittle touted the junket as
an opportunity for him to show ³support for the troops.²  Nevermind that he
had already allowed them to be sent to war without sound intelligence,
proper equipment, adequate manpower, or a plan for winning the peace.

When Doolittle hopped on a C-130 for an hour long flight from Baghdad to
Tal-Afar, he sat next to a young co-pilot, who unbeknownst to him, was also
one of his constituents.  That¹s because he didn¹t ask the young man his
name or where he was from.  He didn¹t ask if Congress could do anything to
aid in his mission.  He said nothing.  When the flight ended, he learned
that the young co-pilot was my son.     Click Here
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=cna59xbab.0.rse49xbab.ubgj4pbab.18&ts=S0201&p=http%
3A%2F%2Fwww.dailykos.com%2Fstoryonly%2F2006%2F8%2F23%2F135031%2F456> to read
the rest of the blog.

Click Here
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=cna59xbab.0.u5vhqwbab.ubgj4pbab.18&ts=S0201&p=http%
3A%2F%2Fwww.charliebrownforcongress.org%2FSPM%2Fdonate.html>  to Contribute
Now

With the summer Congressional recess almost over, Doolittle still hasn¹t
responded to my request for a schedule of debates.  Clearly, he would rather
smear me than debate his corrupt and ineffective record, or the important
issues
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=cna59xbab.0.sse49xbab.ubgj4pbab.18&ts=S0201&p=http%
3A%2F%2Fwww.charliebrownforcongress.org%2Fwp%2F%3Fcat%3D4> at stake in this
election.  That¹s why I need your help today, so I can continue to fight
back.

Click Here
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=cna59xbab.0.u5vhqwbab.ubgj4pbab.18&ts=S0201&p=http%
3A%2F%2Fwww.charliebrownforcongress.org%2FSPM%2Fdonate.html> to Contribute
Now

 I am honored and humbled by your continued support. Remember, together, we
can restore integrity and mainstream values to our Congress.

Thanks again,

-Charlie

P.S.  Is Doolittle Corrupt or Ineffective?  Cast your vote today
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=cna59xbab.0.tse49xbab.ubgj4pbab.18&ts=S0201&p=http%
3A%2F%2Fwww.corruptorineffective.com%2Fhome.html> !

P.P.S.  Please forward this urgent message along to 5 friends!

 Email: info at brown4congress.org

 Phone: 800-727-6968; 916-78-BROWN

 Web: http://www.charliebrownforcongress.org
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=cna59xbab.0.95vhqwbab.ubgj4pbab.18&ts=S0201&p=http%
3A%2F%2Fwww.charliebrownforcongress.org>

Forward email
<http://ui.constantcontact.com/sa/fwtf.jsp?m=1101121493044&ea=jac07%40dcn.or
g&a=1101385367970>

 <http://ui.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?p=un&m=1101121493044&ea=jac07%40dcn.or
g&se=18&t=1101385367970&lang=en&reason=F> This email was sent to
jac07 at dcn.org, by info at brown4congress.org
Update Profile/Email Address
<http://ui.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?p=oo&m=1101121493044&ea=jac07%40dcn.org
&se=18&t=1101385367970&lang=en&reason=F>  | Instant removal with
SafeUnsubscribe
<http://ui.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?p=un&m=1101121493044&ea=jac07%40dcn.org
&se=18&t=1101385367970&lang=en&reason=F>  | Privacy Policy
<http://ui.constantcontact.com/roving/CCPrivacyPolicy.jsp> .