[Davis Democrats] FW: Al Gore for Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Thu Feb 2 13:35:38 PST 2006

------ Forwarded Message
From: "Vice President Al Gore, DSCC" <info at dscc.org>
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 18:01:39 GMT
To: John  Chendo <jac07 at dcn.org>
Subject: It Stops Now

  <http://www.dscc.org>
  Dear John , Let me be perfectly clear.  Our American values are at risk.
George Bush is pursuing a truly breathtaking and unprecedented power grab
that marginalizes the role of both our federal courts and the Congress.  As
a result, he has been able to enact the most extreme aspects of his
right-wing agenda in virtual secret and without meaningful oversight. It
stops now.  Together, we can change the balance of power in Washington.  We
can elect a Democratic Senate in just 10 short months that will stand up to
the Bush administration's unprecedented power grab and will stand up for our
American values again. The single best way to end one-party rule in
Washington as soon as possible is to support the DSCC in its mission to
elect a Democratic Senate.  The DSCC plays a unique role, watching every
race every day and directly coordinating with the Democratic Senate
candidates that need it most.  Stopping the Bush administration's
unprecedented abuse and misuse of power as soon as possible requires your
support right now. Please, take immediate action today. Click here to make a
secure online donation of $250, $500, or more. The DSCC will put your
contribution to work right away in the campaign to stop the Bush agenda in
its tracks. <https://secure.ga3.org/03/20060202_gore_hd/nW7zaE761Bmf7?> In
just a few short years, we have seen heartless inaction in the face of the
growing gap between rich and poor, a dangerous erosion of civil liberties,
and a callous disregard for our natural environment.  This administration
has delivered nothing more than fear-mongering in the face of great
challenges and a staggering incompetence when it comes to the basic
functions of government.  We've seen them fail to help those in the most
need in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, fail to win the peace in Iraq,
and fail in the implementation of the Medicare prescription drug benefit. In
response, Senate Republicans have simply toed the line and let the
administration take more and more unchecked power. The Republican
congressional leadership simply rubber-stamped the Bush agenda, endorsed
federal judges complicit in the administration's power grab, and recklessly
disregarded their constitutionally mandated oversight authority.  They have
made a mockery of our Constitution and the fundamental principles of checks
and balances and separation of powers. Democrats know what must be done.
First and foremost, we have to stand up to the Bush administration's
bullying and clean up the culture of corruption Republicans have fostered in
Washington.  Only after we restore America's trust in our leaders can we get
down to the hard work of securing our country, building the economy,
expanding health care coverage, taking care of the poor, and restoring
responsibility to our government. By making a contribution right now, you
are standing up in defense of our American values and joining the fight to
restore the rule of law that makes our country great.  Please act today to
make an immediate investment in everything we hold dear. Click here to make
a secure online donation of $250, $500, or more. The DSCC will put your
contribution to work right away in the campaign to stop the Bush agenda in
its tracks. <https://secure.ga3.org/03/20060202_gore_hd/nW7zaE761Bmf7?> The
DSCC has an impressive and detailed campaign plan to win Senate races across
the country and to elect a Democratic majority in November.  It's a simple
fact that to compete with the Republicans on an even footing, we must raise
literally millions of dollars for our candidates.  That campaign plan has
set a lofty goal to raise $150,000 online in the month of February.  It will
not be easy, but I am confident we will succeed. Unlike our opponents, the
DSCC cannot and will not simply ask corporate special interests or K Street
Project cronies to bankroll the campaign.  Instead, the DSCC has to rely on
an informed citizenry that is ready to end years of arrogance and
incompetence and is ready to join the campaign to defend our American
values.  I know there are literally millions of Americans ready to join that
fight.  Please, do your part right now. Click here to make a secure online
donation of $250, $500, or more. The DSCC will put your contribution to work
right away in the campaign to stop the Bush agenda in its tracks.
<https://secure.ga3.org/03/20060202_gore_hd/nW7zaE761Bmf7?> I served eight
years in the Senate and, as Vice President, presided over the body for
another eight years.  Senators used to pride themselves on being a part of
"the greatest deliberative body in the world."  Now, it seems that political
theatre, corruption, and utter contempt for our system of government have
replaced reason and debate as the currency of the realm. By taking immediate
action today, you can end all that. Together, we can elect a Democratic
Senate that can stand up to the Bush administration's bullying and defend
our fundamental American values.  Time is running out.  Please act today.
Sincerely, Al Gore P.S.  I know you have friends and family who are also
tired of the Bush administration's unprecedented power grab.  Please forward
this message to them and ask them to make an immediate investment in our
fundamental American values. Click here to make a secure online donation of
$250, $500, or more. The DSCC will put your contribution to work right away
in the campaign to stop the Bush agenda in its tracks.
<https://secure.ga3.org/03/20060202_gore_hd/nW7zaE761Bmf7?>

page <http://action.dscc.org/DSCCSenate/smp.tcl?nkey=biking215bteen&>  to
modify your email communication preferences or update your personal profile.
To stop ALL email from DSCC, click to remove
<http://action.dscc.org/DSCCSenate/remove-domain-direct.tcl?ctx=center&nkey=
biking215bteen&>  yourself from our lists (or reply via email with "remove"
in the subject line).

 Click this button to forward this message to your friends and family.   If
you received this message from a friend, click this button to join the DSCC.

<http://action.dscc.org/DSCCSenate/join-forward.html?domain=DSCCSenate&r=W7z
aE761Bmf7&>     <http://www.dscc.org/join/subscribe/>

 <http://www.getactive.com>