[Davis Democrats] FW: March events/ petition against violent video "game" for youth

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Tue Feb 28 08:24:22 PST 2006

------ Forwarded Message
From: Nancy Patterson <nanoosky at sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 21:59:31 -0800

Subject: March Events/petition against violent video "game"

March 1, 2006... voting systems certification

Just a reminder about the voting systems certification meeting this Wed.
morning @ 10 am.  There will be a RALLY & Press Conference at 9:30 am.  Even
if you cannot attend the meeting, please try to come down for 30 mins @ 9:30
to show support for REAL VOTING REFORM!!  We cannot allow our elections to
be stolen.  We must show them that this is an issue we will not ignore!!

LOCATION

Office of the Secretary of State

1500 11th Street

1st Floor – Auditorium

Sacramento, California 95814

http://sacramentofordemocracy.org/?q=node/view/3532

******************

RALLY March 4th...

This Saturday, March 4th, from 4:00 pm to 6:30 pm, we'll join forces and
hold a major anti-war/anti-Bush/pro-democracy rally at 16th & Broadway, in
Sacramento (rain or shine)!

This Saturday's rally will be the first of a series of three consecutive
Saturday rallies at 16th & Broadway, the third of which will mark the third
anniversary of the US-led/UN-opposed, invasion of Iraq.

Please bring your compelling anti-war signs and displays.  In addition, we
want to incorporate a theme of international, cross-cultural and
cross-professional solidarity for the opposition to the war; so we encourage
people to bring flags of various nations, and we encourage people from all
cultural, religious and professional groups to attend and wear relevant
attire (for example, Muslims, doctors, soldiers, nurses, nuns, rabbis,
priests, etc.).  We want to make a strong public showing of broad-based
support for our anti-war and pro-democracy message.

Please forward this to others, and bring your friends, banners, flags,
signs, art, instruments, and cultural, religious and/or professional attire
to 16th & Broadway on Saturday, March 4th, from 4:00pm to 6:30pm.

Thank you.  We look forward to seeing you!

Note: Please use on-street parking (which is free) instead of Tower
Records/Cafe/Theater customer lots.

********************

March 7, 2006...Fundraiser Reception

Pat Lenzi for Yolo County District Attorney

Press Advisory
March 7, 2006        Contact: Bill Ritter

For Immediate Release            (530) 757-2925   (530) 220-5098

WHAT: Pat Lenzi for District Attorney                    Fundraising Wine
and Hors D'oeuvres Reception
WHEN: Tuesday, March 7, 2006
               6:30 to 8:30 PM

WHERE: Mary Louise Frampton and Scott Wilson's home

              34040 Russell Blvd., Winters, CA

            Located near CR 95 and Russell Blvd.

WHY: Mary Louise Frampton and Scott Williams are hosting a wine and hors
d'oeuvres fundraising reception for friends and neighbors to meet Pat Lenzi
in support of her candidacy for Yolo County District Attorney.

Please join Pat Lenzi as she presents her goals and vision for the Office of
District Attorney.  $25 contribution per person.

The election for District Attorney is scheduled for the June 2006 primary
election.

For questions and further information, you may also call 795-3382 or email
nanoosky at sbcglobal.net

For immediate release.

http://abwwlaw.com/attorney_Williams.html
<http://abwwlaw.com/attorney_Williams.html>

http://www.law.berkeley.edu/faculty/profiles/facultyProfile.php?facID=1116
<http://www.law.berkeley.edu/faculty/profiles/facultyProfile.php?facID=1116>

www.patlenziforda.com <http://www.patlenziforda.com/>  <
http://www.patlenziforda.com <http://www.patlenziforda.com/> >

***************

Western Yolo Co. Dem Club (Winters Dems) has endorsed Pat Lenzi for D.A. and
Joel Butler for Assessor; we were fortunate to have both candidates speak at
our meeting Sun., Feb. 26th.
If you want info, lawn signs etc. let me know.

**********************

Excerpts from The National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund website &
e-mail:

The "25 to Life" video game allows players the option to role-play by
shooting gang members and police officers and using innocent bystanders as
human shields. The Web site advertising the game boasts that players have
"more than 40 weapons to choose from, including shotguns, machine guns, stun
guns and tear gas."

...The National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund is putting together
an online petition to boycott this game.  Today's population, specifically
our youth, is becoming desensitized to violence through "entertainment."
...I am asking each of you to take a minute of your time and go to their
website to add your name to the petition.

 Type in "video game petition" in the "search" box.  You can also e-mail the
company.

 http://nleomf.com/