[Davis Democrats] Real 24 hour notice Davis Democrat Club board meeting on January 10

G Richard Yamagata PhD yamagata at virtual-markets.net
Mon Jan 9 18:04:22 PST 2006

Greetings Davis Democrat Club Boardmembers,

This is a real announcment for a real meeting.  I apologize for last month.
That was a bad month with too many things going on.  I heard that both
meetings went well, the actual meeting and the unofficial one that was on
the following week.

First, we really need Arun Sen to attend this meeting.  If he does not see
this e-mail, please contact him and let him know that we need him at this
meeting.  Arun is our parlimentarian.

The meetings are now back on Tuesdays.  The next meeting is tomorrow at 7PM
in the little conference room.  Please attend.  I will try to telephone
board members this afternoon to let them know about the meeting.

We are going to have club elections.  This will be a general election of the
officers of the board.  We need board members, to discuss the slate that
will be mailed out in the Newsletter or a special mailing if it is too late
to mail it out before the next meeting.

One Day Notice.
There will be a Davis Democrat Club board meeting on Tuesday, January 10 at
7PM in the small conference Room of the Davis Branch of the Yolo County
Library.  The address is 315 East 14th Street.

Please note that any Davis Democrat Club member is welcome to attend the
meetings.  We normally have at least 1 to 4 guests per meeting.  We have
never had a meeting without someone from the public in attendance.

The club by-laws say that board members cannot miss 3 meetings in a row
without an excuse.

There is going to be a Tuesday, January 14 General Meeting of the
membership.  We will discuss the details at the meeting.

If you have any suggestions for the agenda, please send them to Kingsley,
Tony, or me via the list.  This is the final agenda.  Please also be aware
that someone will be telephoning the board members to remind them of the
meeting.  I have already received some unofficial input from other DDC board
members on this preliminary agenda.

Please find below the location and time for the next meeting:

DDC Board Meeting
Time: 7 PM to 8:04 PM
Place: Small Conference Room of the Davis Branch of the Yolo County Library.
                315 East 14th Street.

Please find the agenda below.

Agenda.   The agenda may change as it is worked on by the President and Vice
President.

              Davis Democratic Club Meeting Agenda
                Tuesday, January 10, 7 pm - 8 pm
     Place: Blanchard Room of the Davis Branch of the Yolo County Library.
                315 East 14th Street.

I.  Introduction   (15 minutes)
        i.    Approval of Agenda
        ii.   Approval of Minutes for past meetings as they are submitted
              (none planned to be submitted for this meeting).
        iii.  Comments and issues from the Public and general members.
              a. from public for unscheduled presentations.
        iv.   Minutes and reports from other clubs and campus Democrats
              a. Specific report from the Woodland Club, Lyle S.
              b. Report from Yolo County Young Democrats, Lyle or Rich.
              c. Report from UCDavis Campus Democrats, Angela T.
              d. Report on the President's activities for the club, Tony G.
                 (Report on State Democrat Party and November Election)
              e. Report on the December meeting of the YDDC.

II.  Treasurer's Report     (4 minutes)

III. Discussion of Planning of General Meeting on February 14  (15 minutes)
        i.   Chair
        ii.  Discussion on event 2 years ago
        iii. Potluck event? and theme (Valentine's Day)
        iv.  Officer slate

IV. Discussion of Planning of other General Meetings  (5 minutes)
        i.   Chair
        ii.  Discussion of past years

V.  Content of the Next Newsletter (6 minutes)
        i.   Circulation -- is everyone happy?
        ii.  Update by newsletter committee
        iii. Need for volunteers
        iv.  Story ideas
        v.   Ballot

VI.  New and Unfinished Business (12 minutes)
        i.   Announcements- upcoming events
        ii.  Items for next meeting
        iii. Next Meeting Time/Location
        iv.  Meeting adjournment