[Davis Democrats] FW: Urgent Phone Action: IT'S FILIBUSTER FRIDAY!!

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Fri Jan 20 03:29:19 PST 2006

------ Forwarded Message
From: The Pen <activist.gb at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 22:06:38 -0800
To: <jac07 at dcn.org>
Subject: Urgent Phone Action: IT'S FILIBUSTER FRIDAY!!

CALL ALL YOUR SENATORS LOCAL DISTRICT OFFICES NOW TO OPPOSE ALITO

We have gotten many emails from our participants, asking "what more can we
do?"  Some have reported senators arbitrarily turning off their answering
machines at night, or long waits on hold.  Are they trying to hide from the
thousands and thousands of their constituents who are raising their voices
to demand that they filibuster the evasive Alito?  Even if you have already
sent your personal message by email or made some phone calls, we have added
a FABULOUS extra function to the main action page where you can instantly
lookup all your senators local district offices phone and fax numbers with
just one click.

http://www.nocrony.com

SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT FILIBUSTER FRIDAY

If the other side can have a so-called "Justice Sunday", we can have our own
"Filibuster Friday", and that day is tomorrow.  In just the last 24 hours we
have seen a major shift in momentum.  Today, Senator Leahy came out with a
very strong statement that he recognizes the immense threat to our freedom
and democracy in allowing a dangerous and unpopular president to install a
fifth and controlling vote to hold that our Constitution actually intended
to create an executive dictatorship.  Tomorrow we need to show our support
for those senators who are starting to stand up now by hitting every phone
they've got right down to the district level with our phone calls and faxes.
Get all your numbers with one easy click at

http://www.nocrony.com

Those you who like to call in to progressive radio programs, we have all
their call in numbers too at the site above in the right column.  Call them
and ask them to talk up Filibuster Friday all day and night long!  Let's
start early and snowball the thing all day long.  Ask them to give out the
easy to say and remember URL above as much as possible.  Senators have said
they are "undecided" on a filibuster.  But we the American people HAVE
decided and all our senators have to do it get it.

Some senators who are too still too cowardly to demand a filibuster are
saying they will make Alito an issue in the 2006 election.  It'll be an
issue alright, in their OWN primaries! Any officeholder who will not stand
up for this one must never hold public office in any capacity ever again.
And the difference is whether you will stand up YOURSELF right now and make
those calls to their local district offices.  Make calls to the toll-free
numbers 888-355-3588, 888-818-6641 and 800-426-8073 if you can get through
there too.

It is not enough to vote "No."  They must vote "Hell, NO!" It's called a
filibuster.  Filibuster Friday.

Please take action NOW, so we can win all victories that are supposed to be
ours, and forward this message to everyone else you know.

If you would like to get alerts like these, you can do so at
http://www.usalone.com/in.htm

Or if you want to cease receiving our messages, just use the function at
http://www.usalone.com/out.htm