[Davis Democrats] FW: Is There ONE Senator Who Will lead filibuster To Stop Alito?perhaps Boxer

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Thu Jan 26 04:09:14 PST 2006

------ Forwarded Message
From: Activists <activist.thepen at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 03:28:04 -0800
To: <jac07 at dcn.org>
Subject: Is There Not ONE Senator Who Will Even TRY To Stop Alito?

SEARCH YOUR CONSCIENCE AND CALL FOR A FILIBUSTER

This will be a short message.

Get the LOCAL office district numbers (most effective) of your own senators
at

NEW ACTION PAGE: http://www.nocrony.com

or call them toll free at 888-355-3588, 888-818-6641 or 800-426-8073.

As a result of the crescendo of opposing voices raised so far, what we are
hearing now is that virtually all Democratic members of the Senate are
prepared to vote "No" on the Alito nomination. Many have already made strong
statements about how dangerous it would be to allow ANOTHER extreme
reactionary on to our Supreme Court. What they must now understand is that a
"No" vote not in the form of a filibuster is in fact a "Yes" vote, because
that would be the result.

Harry Reid has been quoted as saying that there are 8 Democratic senators
still not supporting a filibuster, but has abdicated his leadership role and
any responsibility for pressuring them to come on board. It is a "conscience
vote" he says.

So we ask each of our individual senators in turn. Is there not one of you
who will vote their conscience to START a filibuster? If your putative
leader has in fact freed your hands. If you concede that your constituents
are strongly opposed to this appointment. If you concede that YOU are
opposed to this appointment. And if you recognize that there is nothing that
will ACTUALLY stop Alito BUT a filibuster. Then you must call for a
filibuster as a matter of conscience.

No one can predict at this moment how a cloture vote would come out. We
believe if just one senator would find the courage of conviction to start
the process many more would rally to their side, including vast additional
numbers of their own constituents who have remained silent so far ONLY
because they don't believe you will EVER stand up for them. But whether a
filibuster succeeds or not, your constituents will never forgive you,
senator, for not even trying.

We are calling on our participants to unite behind one message today.

IS THERE NOT ONE SENATOR WHO WILL EVEN TRY TO STOP ALITO?

Feel free to phrase it any way you like in your own words. In fact, please
do so. We need to call them on all their LOCAL district office numbers, and
you can get them all at using the instant lookup function at

NEW ACTION PAGE: http://www.nocrony.com

There have been reports of answering machines at capacity and so on in
Washington, but many people are also still getting through on the toll free
numbers 888-355-3588, 888-818-6641 and 800-426-8073. Call the local numbers,
call the toll-free numbers. Call and call again. Send a real time personal
message using the one click form on the page above.

And then you will be able to look back and say that you did absolutely
everything you could to save our Supreme Court, our democracy, and our
country. If only we can find just one senator who will do as much.

Please take action NOW, so we can win all victories that are supposed to be
ours, and forward this message to everyone else you know.

If you would like to get alerts like these, you can do so at
http://www.usalone.com/in.htm

Or if you want to cease receiving our messages, just use the function at
http://www.usalone.com/out.htm