[Davis Democrats] Next week - General Meeting with Potluck July 11th

mmyamada mmyamada at pacbell.net
Mon Jul 3 22:43:14 PDT 2006

Dear Fellow Dems:

Sorry I cannot join you for the July 11th meeting.  I will be attending the
Yolo County Farm Bureau meeting in Woodland the same night and time to
address their current OPPOSE position on SMUD service expansion into Yolo
County.

They are opposing it because they would like the entire County to be
annexed.  We would, too, but we have start somewhere!  Together with my
colleague, Supervisor Duane Chamberlain, who supports the annexation even
though a major portion of his district will not yet be included, we hope to
at least change their minds to remain neutral.  If they oppose annexation
now, there will likely never be another opportunity to expand into the rest
of the county;.

Thanks and have fun at the potluck!

Mariko Yamada