[Davis Democrats] Block the Paris Hilton Tax Cut-misplaced priorities in House and Senate

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Fri Jun 2 07:53:41 PDT 2006

Misplaced Priorities
in the U.S. Senate

Discrimination enshrined in our U.S. Constitution? Tell your Senators to
vote no.

  <http://act.actforchange.com/cgi-bin7/DM/y/hnXq0FS6LZ0TWp0BHNh0Ew>

Yet another trillion-dollar tax break for the super-rich? Tell your Senators
to vote no.

  <http://act.actforchange.com/cgi-bin7/DM/y/hnXq0FS6LZ0TWp0BHNi0Ex>

We haven't seen such a misplaced set of priorities in a very long time.
Civil war rages in Iraq. The national debt continues to skyrocket. Tens of
millions of Americans lack health care, and good jobs are disappearing every
day. But conservatives in the Senate think it's urgent to...write
discrimination into our constitution
<http://act.actforchange.com/cgi-bin7/DM/y/hnXq0FS6LZ0TWp0BHNj0Ey> , and
hand another gigantic tax break over
<http://act.actforchange.com/cgi-bin7/DM/y/hnXq0FS6LZ0TWp0BHNk0Ez>  to the
wealthiest Americans. What in the world are they thinking?

Stop The Trillion-Dollar Tax Giveaway to the Rich
<http://act.actforchange.com/cgi-bin7/DM/y/hnXq0FS6LZ0TWp0BHNl0E1>

As if previous tax cuts for the wealthiest of the wealthy weren't enough,
conservatives in the Senate are pushing to permanently repeal the estate tax
-- a move that will cost $1 trillion over ten years, and benefit only the
top one-half of one percent. The national birth tax is now at $28,000 per
baby <http://act.actforchange.com/cgi-bin7/DM/y/hnXq0FS6LZ0TWp0BHNk0Ez> ; do
the rich really need another huge tax break right now? Take action -- tell
the Senate to reject any changes to the estate tax.
<http://act.actforchange.com/cgi-bin7/DM/y/hnXq0FS6LZ0TWp0BHNm0E2>

Don't Write Discrimination Into Our Constitution
<http://act.actforchange.com/cgi-bin7/DM/y/hnXq0FS6LZ0TWp0BHNn0E3>

The "Federal Marriage Amendment" would make gays and lesbians second-class
citizens by forever banning marriage, civil unions, and domestic
partnerships between same-sex couples. They know they don't have the votes
to pass it. But Senator Frist still needs to throw some red meat to his
conservative base in this election year. Even First Lady Laura Bush said, "I
don't think [the Federal Marriage Amendment] should be used as a campaign
tool, obviously."

While the religious right might wish otherwise, our society is in fact
founded upon the principle of equal rights for all people -- not just
heterosexual ones. Take action -- tell the Senate to toss this bill on the
trash heap of history where it belongs.
<http://act.actforchange.com/cgi-bin7/DM/y/hnXq0FS6LZ0TWp0BHNo0E4>

 Please forward this email to your friends, family, colleagues, webmasters,
bloggers, and anyone else you know who is disturbed by the Senate's
misplaced sense of priorities these days.

Thank you once again for working to build a better world.

Will Easton
Manager
ActForChange.com <http://www.actforchange.com> / Working Assets
<http://act.actforchange.com/cgi-bin7/DM/y/hnXq0FS6LZ0TWp0BGLY0Ee>

Is this e-mail going to your junk/bulk folder? Add
actforchange at act.actforchange.com to your address book to ensure that you
receive all future communications in your in-box.

Our Privacy Guarantee:

By receiving our updates, you¹re now part of a progressive force for change.
E-mail is a convenient, tree-friendly way to quickly reach out to
like-minded people like you on urgent issues that we all care about. We do
not share your e-mail address with outside organizations.

IN OUR RECORDS YOU ARE: jac07 at dcn.org
If you do not wish to receive timely information about Working Assets
products or if you would like to make a change to your e-mail address or
newsletter subscriptions, please click here
<http://www.workingforchange.com/unsub/act_unsub.cfm?emailaddr=jac07@dcn.org
> .

Or, send a blank e-mail to
unsbscrbAFC-ctgnXq0FS6LZ0A0A0C2 at act.actforchange.com and type ³No Thanks²
into the subject line. If you have additional, alias or forwarding
addresses, please include them in the subject line of the e-mail. Please
note: any inquiries sent to this address will not be read. Please do not

If you have any comments or questions, please e-mail info at actforchange.com.
Or write to us at: 101 Market Street, Suite 700, San Francisco, CA, 94105.