[Davis Democrats] FW: from John Kerry supporting Phil Angelides and Charlie Brown

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Wed Jun 7 16:26:05 PDT 2006

------ Forwarded Message
From: John Kerry <info at johnkerry.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 12:54:18 -0500
To: <jac07 at dcn.org>
Subject: Don't Blink -- Don't Back Down

 <https://contribute.keepingamericaspromise.com/s7b.html?sc=7118>

Dear John,

The 2006 elections are all about determination. Which party has the
strength, energy and passion to see its candidates through to victory? Which
party refuses to buckle? Republicans are spinning furiously to claim
momentum after having been forced to pour over $5 million of national GOP
money into the Busby-Bilbray election and barely surviving. They think we
can be fooled by their laughable claims.

Let's show that it's 2006 and Democrats are determined to win -- in
California and nationwide.

When you come close to winning, you need to show you know how to get back up
and keep on fighting. That's why I'm writing to urge all of our supporters
in California to make three critical donations right now.

Help Phil Angelides launch his general election gubernatorial campaign
versus Arnold Schwarzenegger. Help 26-year military veteran Charlie Brown
defeat a Republican incumbent and pick up a critical California House seat.
And reach across America to help remarkable Democratic leader and Vietnam
veteran Jim Webb take back a crucial Senate seat in Virginia.

Act now to support Angelides, Brown and Webb!
<https://contribute.keepingamericaspromise.com/s7b.html?sc=7118>

It is critical to win back the Governor's office in California and reverse
Arnold Schwarzenegger's efforts to bring the Bush-Cheney agenda to the
Golden State. And Phil Angelides has stood up to Arnold Schwarzenegger from
day one. I'm proud to count Phil as a personal friend of mine. His strong
commitment to the values of fairness and opportunity should serve as a model
to all public leaders. And, like you and I, he knows that those principles
are at stake here and now in California.

With your support, Phil can make California a place where all Californians
can succeed in the 21st century.

Act now to support Angelides, Brown and Webb!
<https://contribute.keepingamericaspromise.com/s7b.html?sc=7118>

We need new Democratic leadership in the House of Representatives as well,
and we need fighting Democrats who will stand up to the GOP. They don't come
tougher than Charlie Brown, a 26-year military veteran who served in every
American military conflict from Vietnam to the Gulf War and is running in
one of the most critical House contests in the nation.

He's challenging GOP incumbent John Doolittle, who holds the sad distinction
of being the only member of Congress embroiled in both the Abramoff lobbying
scandal and the "Duke" Cunningham influence-peddling scandal.

The Brown-Doolittle race is one of the most closely watched contests in the
battle for control of the House. And a victory for Charlie Brown in November
would be a giant step toward ending the Republican culture of corruption in
Washington.

Act now to support Angelides, Brown and Webb!
<https://contribute.keepingamericaspromise.com/s7b.html?sc=7118>

Here's another candidate who can bring change to Washington and who needs
your help. Jim Webb, the former Secretary of the Navy and Vietnam veteran,
is the Democrat whom I'm proud to have endorsed in the crucial Virginia
Senate race. Jim is a tireless advocate for veterans, and like the title of
his book Born Fighting, he will not be afraid to stand up to this
Administration -- no one pushes around a Marine. George Allen, his opponent,
has stood with George W. Bush 97% of the time. In this critical election, we
don't need to elect another rubber stamp.

Jim understands the many challenges facing Americans today: skyrocketing
health care costs, the outsourcing of jobs and the lack of a level playing
field. Jim knows President Bush has no plan in Iraq, and Jim will fight
every day for real national security, unlike George Allen who says he's
bored in the Senate, bored at a time when America's soldiers are caught in
the crossfire in Iraq. Time magazine reported that Jim is "George Allen's
worst nightmare."

Please help George Allen's nightmare come true by supporting Jim Webb in
this crucial Senate race.

Act now to support Angelides, Brown and Webb!
<https://contribute.keepingamericaspromise.com/s7b.html?sc=7118>

I urge you to send your immediate financial support to these three
remarkable challengers. I know you'll do all you can to help. Thank you.

Sincerely,

John Kerry

 <https://contribute.keepingamericaspromise.com/s7b.html?sc=7118>

Paid for by Friends of John Kerry, Inc.

We apologize if you received this message in error. Click here to
unsubscribe
<http://forms.johnkerry.com/unsubscribe/unsubscribe.html?email=jac07@dcn.org
&h=31e8e1cbca9f38154fffd1939a10cb71>  from our mailing list.

 Friends of John Kerry, Inc., 511 C St. NE, Washington DC, 20002, U.S.A.