[Davis Democrats] Thank you, thank you, thank you!--from Debra Bowen, California Secretary of State primary winner

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Thu Jun 8 21:44:32 PDT 2006

   <http://www.debrabowen.com>

  Dear john ,
Primary Election Map

You helped us win the Primary, now help us win the General Election.
Contribute today! <https://secure.ga3.org/03/bowen/nR7MuLhn1nzr_?>

We did it!  Thanks to your hard work and steadfast support, as well as the
help from hundreds of thousands of grassroots supporters across our state,
California Democrats chose me as our party's candidate for Secretary of
State.

I'm so grateful for everything you've done -- contributing your time, your
energy, and your hard-earned dollars to our campaign to restore confidence
and integrity in our democracy and safeguard our elections system.

I'm simply overwhelmed by the tremendous victory we achieved together on
behalf of all the people of California, and I look forward to proudly
representing you as our Party's nominee for Secretary of State.

Even while we celebrate this exciting news, you only have to look at some of
Tuesday's voting problems to understand why we need new leadership to fix
California's elections system.

In Kern County, problems with Diebold voting machine access cards created "a
nightmare" throughout the morning, resulting in many voters being turned
away and told to "come back in a few hours."  In Orange County, broken
voting machines and technical glitches were reported at a number of polling
places.  In San Joaquin County, "people were sent away without casting their
ballots in Stockton, Lodi, and Morada."  Other complaints were lodged
against Diebold voting tabulators in Los Angeles.

These kinds of malfunctions and irregularities are completely unacceptable.
California should be a national leader when it comes to conducting fair and
accurate elections - not follow the bad examples set in states like Florida
and Ohio.  And if elected Secretary of State in November, I'll settle for
nothing less.

But we still have a long ways to go before that happens.  We've got 5 more
months to reach Democrats, Republicans, and independents across our great
state and tell them why we need new leadership in the Secretary of State's
office.

And that effort starts today.  Please contribute to our general election
fund today as we gear up to take on Republican incumbent Bruce McPherson
this November! <https://secure.ga3.org/03/bowen/nR7MuLhn1nzr_?>

Tuesday's election was a major victory for grassroots organizing.  And it
wouldn't have been possible without you.

I am grateful for all of your help and support.  Now on to victory in
November!

Sincerely,

Debra Bowen
California State Senator

P.S.  Thanks to the 447 people who contributed in the closing weeks of May
to our $25,000 fundraising drive, which allowed us to reach 80,000 targeted
households with one last piece of direct mail right before Election Day.
This was a huge factor in our Tuesday victory!  Please contribute today, as
we kick off the fundraising for our general election fund, so we can take
our grassroots campaign across California!
<https://secure.ga3.org/03/bowen/nR7MuLhn1nzr_?>

Contribute Today! <https://secure.ga3.org/03/bowen/nR7MuLhn1nzr_?>
Paid for by Debra Bowen for Secretary of State
578 Washington Blvd. #409, Marina del Rey, CA 90292
(c) 2006 Debra Bowen for Secretary of State, ID #1271345

  Invite your friends and family to join Debra Bowen's campaign for
Secretary of State today!
  Tell-a-friend!
<http://ga3.org/join-forward.html?domain=debrabowen&r=R7MuLhn1nzr_>

  If you received this message from a friend, you can sign up for Debra
Bowen For Secretary of State
<http://ga3.org/debrabowen/join.html?r=R7MuLhn1nzr_E> .