[Davis Democrats] Sign Sen. Boxer's petition: Tell Rumsfeld to produce a plan

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Tue Mar 14 11:17:07 PST 2006

------ Forwarded Message
From: Barbara Boxer <info at pacforachange.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 17:11:53 GMT
To: john chendo <jac07 at dcn.org>
Subject: Last chance: Tell Rumsfeld to produce a plan

   <http://www.barbaraboxer.com>

  Dear john, More than 46,000 PAC for a Change supporters have already
signed my petition to Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, urging him to
develop a plan for getting our troops out of the middle of an Iraqi civil
war -- and to share that plan with Congress. Won't you help us reach 50,000
signatures on this critical petition before I deliver it to Secretary
Rumsfeld at the Pentagon in the next 48 hours? Tell Secretary Rumsfeld to
develop a plan for getting our troops out of the middle of an Iraqi civil
war -- sign my petition now!
<http://ga4.org/campaign/iraqicivilwar/5gibb8495376md?> Last Thursday, when
testifying before the Senate Appropriations Committee, Secretary Rumsfeld
said that "the plan is to prevent a civil war, and to the extent one were to
occur, to have the... Iraqi security forces deal with it to the extent
they're able to." Well we all hope that we can avoid a civil war in Iraq.
But when Army General John Abizaid says that "sectarian violence is a
greater concern for us security-wise right now than the insurgency" and
calls the Sunni/Shia conflict in Iraq "a great concern to all of us" -- and
when we know that there are no Iraqi battalions capable of fighting without
American support -- it's not enough for Secretary Rumsfeld to plan to
prevent a civil war. We need to know what Rumsfeld's plan is for the
worst-case scenario -- an all-out civil war in Iraq.More than 46,000
Americans have already signed my petition, and I want your name on it as
well before I take it to the Pentagon. Please sign my petition to Secretary
Rumsfeld now! <http://ga4.org/campaign/iraqicivilwar/5gibb8495376md?>  The
only way we'll know that the Bush Administration is prepared is if they
develop a plan for dealing with an Iraqi civil war -- and share that plan
with the relevant committees in Congress, so the American people can be
reassured that the Bush Administration is ahead of the curve, for a change.
Our brave servicemen and women deserve no less than the very best from their
civilian leaders.  With your help and vigilance, we'll make sure that's what
they get. Please sign my petition to Secretary Rumsfeld now -- before I
deliver it to the Pentagon in the next 48 hours!
<http://ga4.org/campaign/iraqicivilwar/5gibb8495376md?> Thanks for your
continued help and support! In Friendship, Barbara Boxer P.S.  After you
sign the petition, please invite everyone you know to join us.
<http://ga4.org/campaign/iraqicivilwar/forward/5gibb8495376md?>   I want to
have 50,000 signatures on our petition when I deliver it to the Pentagon in
the next 48 hours. Visit BarbaraBoxer.com
<http://ga4.org/ct/fp18Z-s1sm6C/home>  | Contribute Today!
<https://secure.ga4.org/01/pacforachange/nRd18Z-s1Lmhw?> Paid for by PAC for
a Change, www.barbaraboxer.com <http://ga4.org/ct/fp18Z-s1sm6C/home> ,
Treasurer Sim Farar, FEC#C00342048.
Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee

  Invite your friends and family to join Senator Boxer's PAC for a Change
today!
  Tell-a-friend!
<http://ga4.org/join-forward.html?domain=boxer2004&r=Rd18Z-s1Lmhw>

  If you received this message from a friend, you can sign up for PAC for a
Change <http://ga4.org/pacforachange/join.html?r=Rd18Z-s1LmhwE> .