[Davis Democrats] Ted Kennedy's action : endorse Sen. Res.350 rejecting Bush's authorization of unlimited spying on U.S. Citizens

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Thu Mar 16 19:03:15 PST 2006

------ Forwarded Message
From: Senator Ted Kennedy <action at tedkennedy.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 18:34:40 -0500
To: John Chendo <jac07 at dcn.org>
Subject: Our Community

   Dear John, More than 45,000 people have endorsed Senate Resolution 350,
rejecting the Bush Administration's preposterous claim that when Congress
authorized the use of military force against the terrorists in Afghanistan
and Iraq, it implicitly also authorized the president to spy on American
citizens without a court order.  Nothing could be further from the truth.
Our leaders have a responsibility to defend our country and that includes
the responsibility to defend the constitutional rights that make us
Americans, not violate them. On Monday, I was on a conference call with some
of the most active members of the TedKennedy.com community, individuals who
had endorsed the resolution and then reached out to urge others to join us.
It was a special opportunity to talk about the many difficult issues we face
in the Senate, and I look forward to more of these opportunities in the near
future. You can listen to the audio of the call through the website:
www.tedkennedy.com/callaudio
<http://www.tedkennedy.com/page/m/192osytb1ba/cICxMB> The coming months hold
many more opportunities for calls like this, and I hope you'll be part of
those. It's amazing to think back to our first campaign website in 1994 and
track the growth of our online presence.  More that 170,000 people have
joined us since then.  Together, we are a powerful voice and will continue
to oppose the abuse of power by the Bush Administration and the Republican
leadership in Congress.  Let's continue to expand our community, be involved
in  the 2006 elections, and elect a Congress that will restore the people's
confidence in America's leaders. Thank you for all your effective work.
Sincerely, Senator Edward M. Kennedy P.S.: You can spread the word about
Senate Resolution 350 -- or endorse it yourself -- here:
http://www.tedkennedy.com/page/invite/Resolution350TAF
<http://www.tedkennedy.com/page/m/192osytb1ba/9yDntM>