[Davis Democrats] FW: DSCC on the U.S. Senate races--Penn, Ohio, Missouri, Montana, Ohio

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Fri Mar 31 11:02:13 PST 2006

------ Forwarded Message
From: "J.B. Poersch, DSCC" <info at dscc.org>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 10:54:13 -0500 (EST)
To: <jac07 at dcn.org>
Subject: What We're Up Against

 <http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?key=10466104&url_num=1&url=h
ttp://www.dscc.org/>

Dear John ,
<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?key=10466104&url_num=2&url=ht
tps://secure.democratsenators.org/dia/organizations/dscc/shop/20060321_wyden
_ACT.jsp>
 <http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?key=10466104&url_num=3&url=h
ttps://secure.democratsenators.org/dia/organizations/dscc/shop/20060331_poer
sch_HD.jsp> Let me tell you what we're up against.

Republican Senate incumbents have a combined fundraising advantage of nearly
3-to-1 in the most important states.  They're already using those extra
resources to mount advertising blitzes that threaten to cripple our
candidates and set the tone for the entire election.

If we're going to elect a Democratic Senate, we cannot let this stand.  The
latest polling updates show that our Democratic Senate candidates can win,
but they will not be able to withstand the massive Republican smear machine
without your help.

The DSCC faces a crucial $750,000 fundraising deadline at midnight tonight.
We are so close right now, but only the support of committed Democrats like
you can put us over the top. Please make a contribution by midnight tonight.

Click here to make a secure online contribution of $250, $500, or more.
Your contribution could put us over the top in our campaign to raise
$750,000 by midnight tonight.
<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?key=10466104&url_num=4&url=ht
tps://secure.democratsenators.org/dia/organizations/dscc/shop/20060331_poers
ch_HD.jsp>

The bottom line is that the latest public polls show we can win.  Incumbent
Republican Senator Rick Santorum trails Democrat Bob Casey by 14% in
Pennsylvania.  The margin is tighter in Missouri, but a number of polls have
consistently shown Democrat Claire McCaskill leading Republican incumbent
Jim Talent.  Our Democratic challengers are also ahead in Montana and Ohio.

It's in these states where the Republicans have such a huge fundraising
advantage.  Santorum and Talent both have $4 million more than their
Democratic challengers.  Republicans Conrad Burns in Montana and Mike DeWine
in Ohio both have $2 million in extra campaign money to spend.

You and I both know that the Republicans will use their special interest
wealth to saturate the airwaves in these key states.  Their TV ads will
allow them to distort the truth and to frame the debate. In Ohio, DeWine
recently made a large ad buy so he can deliver his message directly to the
voters.

It's the DSCC's job to level the playing field. Only the DSCC is watching
every race every day to make sure our Democratic Senate candidates have the
resources they need to fight back. Unlike our opponents, the DSCC cannot and
will not simply depend on special interests to counter the Republican
fundraising advantage.

Ultimately, the bulk of our campaign budget comes directly from committed
Democrats like you.  That's why your support for our $750,000 fundraising
goal is so important.  Please make a contribution right now and help put us
over the top.

<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?key=10466104&url_num=5&url=ht
tps://secure.democratsenators.org/dia/organizations/dscc/shop/20060331_poers
ch_HD.jsp>

We can win in November.  We can elect a Democratic Senate and put a stop to
George Bush's extreme right-wing agenda.  But it won't be easy.

The Republicans will use their fundraising advantages to distort the truth
and to frame the debate. However, with your dedicated support, the DSCC will
be there every step of the way to make sure our candidates can compete on a
level playing field.

It won't be easy, but I know we can do it.

Sincerely,
J.B. Poersch
Executive DirectorP.S.  I know you have friends and family ready to elect a
Democratic Senate in November.  Please forward this message and ask them to
join you in contributing to the DSCC's campaign by midnight tonight.

When you make a contribution today, the DSCC will put your money to work
right away in the campaign to put a stop to George Bush's extreme agenda.

If you received this message from a friend, click this button to join the
DSCC.
 <http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?key=10466104&url_num=6&url=h
ttps://secure.democratsenators.org/dia/organizations/dscc/shop/20060331_poer
sch_HD.jsp>
 <http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?key=10466104&url_num=7&url=h
ttp://admin.dscc.org/dia/organizations/dscc/signUp.jsp?key=9>
This message was sent to jac07 at dcn.org. To unsubscribe from the DSCC's email
list, please click here.
<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?key=10466104&url_num=8&url=ht
tp://admin.dscc.org/dia/organizations/dscc/unsubscribe.jsp?unsubscribe>  You
can also send a reply to this message with "unsubscribe" in the subject
line.