[Davis Democrats] Howard Dean, DNC: Asking for your time, not your dollars

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Fri Mar 31 11:08:52 PST 2006

------ Forwarded Message
From: Howard Dean <democraticparty at democrats.org>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 16:30:28 -0500
To: john chendo <jac07 at dcn.davis.ca.us>
Subject: Asking for your time, not your dollars

     Dear john,
  <http://www.democrats.org/50statecanvass>
  <http://www.democrats.org/50statecanvass/find>
  <http://www.democrats.org/50statecanvass/create>
  <http://www.democrats.org/50statecanvass>

Are you ready to make history?

Thanks to the overwhelming support from thousands of Democrats, who donated
to get the literature for the canvass printed and shipped, we're on schedule
and gearing up for the unprecedented Neighbor-to-Neighbor Organizing Day on
April 29th.

On that Saturday, thousands of volunteers will recruit hundreds of thousands
more Americans committed to changing the status quo this year during
door-knocking events in communities across America.

Democrats have a clear vision for America, and we're going to get the word
out by making personal contact with our neighbors. And along the way we will
build new relationships among volunteers on the ground, a network that will
have an impact beyond a single day.

Whether you've never volunteered or you're a seasoned door-knocking veteran,
it is crucial that you take part in this historic organizing push.

Please RSVP for an event near you:

http://www.democrats.org/50statecanvass/find

In many states, Democratic Party staff on the ground have already put
together staging areas for massive voter contact events on the 29th. Thanks
to donations from people like you, hundreds of thousands of pieces of
literature are being printed and shipping in bulk to those locations right
now.

If there isn't an event near you, don't worry. Some state parties will have
canvassing events on alternate dates, or have other important events planned
for that weekend.

You can still plan your own canvass in your community. Our online tool makes
the planning process easy, and if you create your event before April 10th,
we will get doorhangers to you in time for your canvass on the 29th.

You can create your own event here:

http://www.democrats.org/50statecanvass/create

Whether you're attending an event or hosting your own, we have also put
together materials on the web to help you make your canvass as effective as
possible.

The online package includes tips on canvassing, a suggested script for when
you get to the door, and the doorhanger itself in various formats for you to
print extras on your own.

Here is the online resource center:

http://www.democrats.org/50statecanvass

Two-thirds of Americans reject this president and the Republican leadership
-- and they are waiting to hear from us.

We are all members of one American community and it's up to us to make sure
that our country has a government as good as its people.

Democrats have a big task in November. We will only win if every one of us
takes responsibility for the outcome of the election now -- while there is
still time to build our operation.

Thank you for being a part of this extraordinary grassroots push.

Governor Howard Dean, M.D.

 Paid for and authorized by the Democratic National Committee,
www.democrats.org <http://www.democrats.org/> . This communication is not
authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.

 Contributions or gifts to the Democratic National Committee are not
deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes.

Click here to unsubscribe from this mailing list.