[Davis Democrats] FW: Have you heard the news? Governor Howard Dean

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Wed May 17 12:15:46 PDT 2006

------ Forwarded Message
From: "Gov. Howard Dean" <democraticparty at democrats.org>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 15:00:05 -0500
To: john chendo <jac07 at dcn.davis.ca.us>
Subject: Have you heard the news?

  Dear john,
<https://www.democrats.org/page/contribute/win2006?source=NETA494> Here's
what readers of the Washington Post woke up to on a recent Sunday morning:
> Confident Democrats Lay Out Agenda Democratic leaders, increasingly confident
> they will seize control of the House in November, are laying plans for a
> legislative blitz during their first week in power that would raise the
> minimum wage, roll back parts of the Republican prescription drug law,
> implement homeland security measures and reinstate lapsed budget deficit
> controls.
The buzz is finally building in the press about what nearly 70% of Americans
know, according to recent polls: enough is enough, and it's time for real
change. Democrats are on the rise, but the November elections are six months
away and we can't let this opportunity slip. We need to build steadily until
then -- more staff on the ground, more outreach to ordinary Americans, and
more resources to get out the vote. With your help we can raise $250,000
this week that will be focused on one goal: winning in 2006. Can you make a
donation of $50 or even $25 to make it happen?
http://www.democrats.org/win2006
<https://www.democrats.org/page/contribute/win2006?source=NETA494> Every
single day our operation across the country makes personal contact with more
and more Americans. People are responding to our simple, common-sense
agenda:
1. Honest Leadership  Open Government -- We will end the Republican culture
of corruption and restore a government as good as the people it serves.
2. Real Security -- We will protect Americans at home and lead the world by
telling the truth to our troops, our citizens and our allies.
3. Energy Independence -- We will create a cleaner and stronger America by
reducing our dependence on foreign oil.
4. Economic Prosperity  Educational Excellence -- We will create jobs that
will stay in America by restoring opportunity and driving innovation.
5. A Healthcare System that Works for Everyone -- We will join 36 other
industrialized nations by making sure everyone has access to affordable
health care.
6. Retirement Security -- We will ensure that a retirement with dignity is
the right and expectation of every single American.
These six simple points will be the keys to our victory in 2006. If you're
ready to be a part of the change, make your donation now:
http://www.democrats.org/win2006
<https://www.democrats.org/page/contribute/win2006?source=NETA494> Day by
day, with the resources you provide, we are rebuilding a sense of community
in our country. The year 2006 can be a year of change only if ordinary
Americans come together and decide that it's time to start providing real
solutions to problems that we face. It's going to take a lot of work between
now and November to get our message out and reach every voter who wants
change. But with your donation it can happen. Please contribute whatever you
can afford to push Democrats to victory in 2006:
http://www.democrats.org/win2006
<https://www.democrats.org/page/contribute/win2006?source=NETA494> Democrats
are ready to lead, and with your help we're going to be leading a new
majority in Congress and countless new elected officials in every state at
every level of office. But it's up to you to take the lead now and drive
this victory. You have the power to transform our government -- and that's
exactly what we're going to do. Thank you. Governor Howard Dean, M.D.

 <https://www.democrats.org/page/contribute/win2006?source=NETA494>

 Paid for and authorized by the Democratic National Committee,
www.democrats.org <http://www.democrats.org/> .
 This communication is not authorized by any candidate or candidate's
committee.

 Democratic National Committee, 430 S. Capitol St. SE, Washington, DC 20003

Contributions or gifts to the Democratic National Committee are not
deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes.

Click here to unsubscribe from this mailing list.