[Davis Democrats] Tomorrow, Wednesday, Special Ad Hoc Committee Meeting

G Richard Yamagata PhD yamagata at virtual-markets.net
Tue May 23 15:16:33 PDT 2006

Champagne Brunch -- pre-event meeting on May 24.

The Davis Democrat Club will be having an ad hoc committee meeting for the
Champagne Brunch.

I have been informed by John Chendo that Helen Thompson will be our keynote
speaker.  She will introduce another speaker, Bob Schneider.

I am not sure if the Mayor of Davis is going to show up, but we expect Mayor
Pro-Tem Sue Greenwald to say a few words.

This is a yearly event where the board members supply all of the food for
this event.  This is one of two events that are put on by the Board, the
other being the Holiday Party.  (For instance, for the Champagne Brunch I
usually bring a flat of strawberries, Bob Bockwinkel picks up the champagne,
the Vice President supplies the orange juice, Betty Weir supplies a
substantial food item and in the past others have supplied pastries and
other food items like croissants stuffed with ham or poached eggs on english
muffins, etc.)

The meeting will be at the Home of Betty Weir on Wednesday May 24 at 7PM.
We expect to be done by 8PM.

We would like ALL active board members to attend this meeting or reply to
Mike Syvanen as to what you will be providing for this event, which will be
on Sunday June 4 from 11AM to 2PM.  Anyone else that would like to help out
at this event and supply food items, please attend this meeting.  If you
need directions to Betty Weir's home, please contact Richard Yamagata
(848-8634), Bob Bockwinkel (219-1986) or Tony Gruska (rjgruska at pacbell.net).

I have been asked to MC the event, but have to decline, because I plan to
buy a flat of FRESH strawberries at 7AM on Sunday for this event at the
Sacramento Farmer's Market and help set-up at the Cook's at 9AM.  I usually
have gone home after that for a 3 hours nap and return at 2PM to take down
things and clean up at the Cooks.  This has been my routine for the past 6
years for this event.

I have asked Bob Bockwinkel, past President of the Davis Democrat Club and
keeper of the champagne and champagne glasses, to MC and he has agreed.

UNFORTUNATELY -- we both cannot come to this planning meeting.  We both have
an IOOF Lodge meeting tomorrow at the same exact time as this planning
meeting.  We should not be missed, because we already know what we will be
bringing to this event.  Bob will be bringing the champagne and champagne
glasses and I will be bringing a flat of strawberries, some cleaned and in
two bowls.  There are a number of IOOF Lodge members on the Board of the
Davis Democrat Club and they will not be able to attend.

Take care,

Richard

G Richard Yamagata  PhD
CEO/President   VME Inc.   http://www.vme.net/

G Richard Yamagata is a member of the Davis Community Network Board of
Directors, a member of the board of the Business Link of Woodland and Davis,
Secretary of the Board of Directors for the Davis Democrat Club, President
of the board of Virtual Market Enterprises, Inc, Secretary-Treasurer
of the board of the Davis Progressive Business Exchange and communications
liason of the Independent Order of Oddfellows Chapter 169.

Visit The Woodland Opera House
at:  http://www.vme.net/opera/
Davis Virtual Market - http://virtual-markets.net/vme/
Fresno - http://vme.net/fvm/   Rochester, NY - http://vme.net/rvm/
Sacramento - http://virtual-markets.com/svm/  Vacaville - http://vme.net/vvm/
Woodland  - http://vme.net/wvm/
"Pet, Vets, You, and Dr.Sue - http://vme.net/dvm/DrSue/

The thoughts expressed are my own and do not reflect the policies or opinions
of DVM, FVM, GVM, RVM, WVM, VVM, VME Inc, DCN, DDC, BLWD, DPBE, or IOOF.