[Davis Democrats] Pick up your Dem precinct lists first on Saturday from HQ behind Caf é Roma off E Street

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Thu Nov 2 18:20:06 PST 2006

Dear Fighting DDC Dems:

 A)On Saturday,November 4,  rain or shine, come by the HQ to pick up your
own precinct lists, and candidates' materials you will need for covering
your own precincts. Lyle Smith and Rich Peterson have been putting these
packets together by precinct. And this is your basic homework assignment.

B)Also, because this is such an important election,  our DDC has extended
itself financially. We have wisely contributed during this campaign to the
important races, and are now needing to replenish our treasury.

Recently, Robin and Steve Souza threw a colossal Halloween House Party for
Phil Angelides, which strengthened all of our spirits for the last few laps
of this marathon which leads up to Tuesday, Nov. 7, Election Day.

    1)  If you can, please bring a checkpayable to Davis Democratic Club  to
renew your membership in the Davis Dem Club at this time. All
levels:$15,$25, $50, $100.
    2) Also, if you can,bring some potato chips, trail mix, and soft drinks,
water for more than one person.

C) After picking up our Dem precinct lists from HQ behind Café Roma, you may
swing by the Claremont address mentioned in the previous email in order to
get any further information to regain  our energy independence away from
PGE, which created the energy crisis which defeated Gray Davis and which is
still propping up the Bush-Schwarzenegger corporate profiteering complex.
Vote for SMUD (yes on H and I) and yes on 87.

Since the energy corporations  like PGE and  Chevron are spending tens of
millions of dollars against SMUD and 87, what does that tell you?

Probably not that they love us that  much --it  means their windfall
profits are at stake.
Too bad PGE didn't give a summer crisis rebate in the summer of 2001, when
so many small businesses went under because of sky-rocketing energy costs.
Too bad gas prices are down only for a month before the Election.

Cheney still has refused to reveal any of the energy corporations which met
with him in secret in February 2001 to craft our "national" energy policy.
Bush wants us to believe that there is no "conspiracy" to fix prices,
although it would certainly be in their unregulated self interest. Let's
take back our country for the common Americans, who have a heroic
liberty-loving  backbone.