[Davis Democrats] Bill Clinton-matching funds for DSCC

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Fri Nov 3 11:11:55 PST 2006

------ Forwarded Message
From: President Bill Clinton <info at dscc.org>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 11:44:27 -0500 (EST)
To: <jac07 at dcn.org>
Subject: The Strength of Our Commitment

Dear john ,
<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?key=98178764&url_num=1&url=ht
tps://secure.democratsenators.org/dia/organizations/dscc/shop/20061103_clint
on_VRD-RD.jsp> On November 7, we will need every Democrat, every volunteer,
and every vote.  Because when the stakes are this high, we can't be
satisfied with merely being right.  We have to win. The Republicans believe
they can eke out the narrowest of victories this election by using their
get-out-the-vote operation to turn a radical minority of Americans into the
majority of voters. We can't let them get away with it. This year, with the
generous help you just gave to the DSCC, you've ensured that our
get-out-the-vote operation will be bigger than theirs, better than theirs,
and backed by solid ideas instead of scare tactics.  I know you just gave to
the DSCC and for that you have my most heartfelt appreciation.  But we need
you take the lead in these crucial final days. We're in the final stretch of
a marathon and your amazing support has kept us ahead throughout this race
to the finish line.  Now we urgently need you to close out a Democratic
victory.  There are only four days left, and it's all going to come down to
which side gives the most when they feel they have nothing left to give.
Please click here to make a secure online donation of $100, $150 or more.
Your contribution goes toward making sure that on November 7, every voice is
heard and every vote is counted.  If you give before midnight Sunday, Senate
Democrats will match your contribution dollar-for-dollar, effectively
doubling the impact you have in these pivotal final hours.
<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?key=98178764&url_num=2&url=ht
tps://secure.democratsenators.org/dia/organizations/dscc/shop/20061103_clint
on_VRD-RD.jsp> These final days will test the strength of our commitment. If
you truly believe that the war in Iraq was a tragic mistake and is making us
more vulnerable, then you have no choice but to act now. If you are certain
that passing trillions of dollars in debt and a damaged planet onto our
children is wrong, then you have to act now. If you are angry at the
selfishness and corruption of this Congress, then you must act now. We've
all been guilty of saying, "I'll do it later."  Later is now.  The DSCC is
spending $20 million dollars to make sure every last Democratic voter gets
to the polls on Election Day.  If you think it's too late to make a
difference, you're wrong.  The next four days will make all the difference
between winning and losing.  Republican attacks won't let up until the last
ballot is cast.  That means our work can't let up either.  We are fighting a
noble and important fight to take back our country.  The one thing none of
us should be thinking come Wednesday is, "if only I had done a little more."
Please take action one more time before it's too late. Sincerely,
Bill Clinton

Democrats are on the verge of taking back the Senate, but it all comes down
to what we do in the next 4 days. Make a contribution to the DSCC to keep
Democrats ahead.

If you received this message from a friend, click this button to join the
DSCC.
 <http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?key=98178764&url_num=3&url=h
ttps://secure.democratsenators.org/dia/organizations/dscc/shop/20061103_clin
ton_VRD-RD.jsp>
 <http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?key=98178764&url_num=4&url=h
ttp://admin.dscc.org/dia/organizations/dscc/signUp.jsp?key=9>