[Davis Democrats] Doolittle and Brown to Debate TOMORROW, Wed. 730-930pm

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Tue Oct 10 16:26:08 PDT 2006

------ Forwarded Message
From: Charlie Brown <info at brown4congress.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 14:30:20 -0400 (EDT)
To: <jac07 at dcn.org>
Subject: Doolittle and Brown to Debate TOMORROW!

    Update:  Doolittle Brown Debate Scheduled for Wednesday
  October 10, 2006

      Dear John,
What a week!‹visits from General Wesley Clark, Senator Max Cleland, the Red,
White AND Blue colored ³Rally for a Real Choice² in Loomis on October 2nd,
and now, the really big news...

After weeks of painstaking negotiations, John Doolittle has, at long last,
agreed to debate me tomorrow night (Wednesday, Oct. 11th), from 7:30- 9:30
p.m.  The debate will be carried live to Starstream Communications
subscribers throughout Placer County.  Please check your local listings.

While I wish this event was structured as an open town hall meeting, or
another kind of well-advanced public forum that voters throughout the
district could participate in, Doolittle has insisted on a small taped
studio environment with a limited viewing audience.  The good news is that
the debate¹s final of 3 segments will be John and I answering questions
phoned in by viewers throughout Placer County.

I for one am eager to highlight the stark differences between our
candidacies---between my lifelong record of defending America, and
Doolittle¹s lifelong record of corrupted politics as usual---between my
lifelong dedication to public service, and John Doolittle¹s relentless
pursuit of personal enrichment--- between a vision of unity, and one of
division.

 My hope is that this will be the first in the series of debates that we
have requested to take place throughout the district because you, as
constituents, deserve nothing less than to hear directly from those vying to
represent your interests in Washington.

In advance of the Doolittle debate, I will also be appearing on tomorrow¹s
Al Franken Show on Air America at 11:30 a.m. PST.  Please be sure to tune in
to what promises to be an unforgettable interview!

Thank you again for rising to our most recent ³Charlie¹s Fundraising
Challenge.²  Because we reached our end of the quarter goal, Television and
Radio spots about my candidacy have been running throughout the district,
and the whole country is taking notice of our growing momentum.  Doolittle
is worried, and has already begun a pathetic smear campaign to try and
distract voters from his outright abandonment of moral leadership.  As we
enter the homestretch, I need your help more than ever before to ensure we
finish what we¹ve started, and restore honest, responsible leadership to our
Congress.

Click Here
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=eysnazbab.0.u5vhqwbab.ubgj4pbab.18&ts=S0208&p=http%
3A%2F%2Fwww.charliebrownforcongress.org%2FSPM%2Fdonate.html> to
Contribute!!!

Finally, as we ramp up an unprecedented ³Get Out The Vote² (GOTV) effort, I
want to encourage you to please contact Nick Shepard at our offices at (916)
782-7696 (e-mail nick at charliebrownforcongress.org) to learn how you can
help.  You can volunteer as much or as little time as you have available,
but please remember, EVERYONE must stand up and be counted at this critical
time in order to ensure our victory on November 7th.

I¹ve enclosed some recent press clips below from what has been an
extraordinary week.

  Thank you again for your continued support.

 28 days and counting,

Charlie

    IN THE NEWS   "Doolittle Slams Foley, but Keeps Donation:  Former
Congressman Gave $1,000 in 2002; Democratic Rival wants money Returned,"
David Whitney, Sacramento Bee, October 9, 2006

READ MORE
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=eysnazbab.0.ha7sazbab.ubgj4pbab.18&ts=S0208&p=http%
3A%2F%2Fwww.sacbee.com%2F111%2Fstory%2F35905.html>   "Clash Over Abuse
Reports:  Island Allegations become an Issue in Doolittle Race," David
Whitney, Sacramento Bee, October 8, 2006.

READ MORE
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=eysnazbab.0.ia7sazbab.ubgj4pbab.18&ts=S0208&p=http%
3A%2F%2Fwww.sacbee.com%2F111%2Fstory%2F35563.html>   "Adwatch:  Doolittle
Attacks Brown on Values," David Whitney, Sacramento Bee, October 7, 2006.

READ MORE
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=eysnazbab.0.ja7sazbab.ubgj4pbab.18&ts=S0208&p=http%
3A%2F%2Fwww.sacbee.com%2F111%2Fstory%2F35392.html>   "Crowds Flock to Back
Brown," Michael Althouse, Auburn Journal, October 5, 2006.

READ MORE
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=eysnazbab.0.ka7sazbab.ubgj4pbab.18&ts=S0208&p=http%
3A%2F%2Fwww.auburnjournal.com%2Farticles%2F2006%2F10%2F05%2Fnews%2Ftop_stori
es%2F05brown.txt>   "Abramoff Allegations Make Brown a Legit Threat to
Doolittle," Rachel Kapochunas, New York Times, October 4, 2006.

READ MORE
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=eysnazbab.0.la7sazbab.ubgj4pbab.18&ts=S0208&p=http%
3A%2F%2Fwww.nytimes.com%2Fcq%2F2006%2F10%2F04%2Fcq_1564.html>   "President
Bush Stumps for Doolittle:  Wife's Share of Funds Criticized by Opponent,"
Josh Singer, The Union, October 4, 2006.

READ MORE
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=eysnazbab.0.ma7sazbab.ubgj4pbab.18&ts=S0208&p=http%
3A%2F%2Fwww.theunion.com%2Farticle%2F20061004%2FNEWS%2F110040158>   "Gen.
Clark Makes Cameo for Brown," Gus Thomson, Auburn Journal, October 3, 2006.

READ MORE
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=eysnazbab.0.na7sazbab.ubgj4pbab.18&ts=S0208&p=http%
3A%2F%2Fwww.auburnjournal.com%2Farticles%2F2006%2F10%2F03%2Fnews%2Ftop_stori
es%2F03clark3.txt>   "State by State," Roxana Tiron, The Hill, October 3,
2006.

READ MORE
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=eysnazbab.0.oa7sazbab.ubgj4pbab.18&ts=S0208&p=http%
3A%2F%2Fthehill.com%2Fthehill%2Fexport%2FTheHill%2FNews%2FCampaign%2F100306_
state.html>   "Democrats' Campaign Events Coincide with President's Visit,
October 2, 2006.

READ MORE AND WATCH THE VIDEO
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=eysnazbab.0.pa7sazbab.ubgj4pbab.18&ts=S0208&p=http%
3A%2F%2Fwww.news10.net%2Fstoryfull2.aspx%3Fstoryid%3D20410>   "Doolittle
Challenger Promotes Security, Integrity,"  Robin Hindery, Associated Press,
October 2, 2006.

READ MORE
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=eysnazbab.0.qa7sazbab.ubgj4pbab.18&ts=S0208&p=http%
3A%2F%2Fwww.mercurynews.com%2Fmld%2Fmercurynews%2Fnews%2Flocal%2Fstates%2Fca
lifornia%2Fnorthern_california%2F15664245.htm>   "Leveraging the Lobbyist
Scandal," Massimo Calabresi, Time Magazine, October 1, 2006.

READ MORE
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=eysnazbab.0.ra7sazbab.ubgj4pbab.18&ts=S0208&p=http%
3A%2F%2Fwww.time.com%2Ftime%2Fmagazine%2Fprintout%2F0%2C8816%2C1541269%2C00.
html>   "Doolittle Fires Back Against Brown:  Ad Says Doolittle Tolerated
Forced Abortions, Sex Slavery," KCRA 3, September 29, 2006. READ MORE AND
WATCH THE VIDEO
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=eysnazbab.0.9fhdyybab.ubgj4pbab.18&ts=S0208&p=http%
3A%2F%2Fwww.kcra.com%2Fnews%2F9965047%2Fdetail.html>   "General Wesley Clark
Stumps for Candidate Charlie Brown," KFBK AM 1530, Bob Moffit, October 6,
2006.

LISTEN HERE
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=eysnazbab.0.ua7sazbab.ubgj4pbab.18&ts=S0208&p=http%
3A%2F%2Fwww.kfbk.com%2Fpages%2Flocalnews.html%3Ffeed%3D129591%26article%3D13
13089>     "Abramoff Ties Stick to California Rep. Doolittle," Ina Jaffe,
National Public Radio, October 5, 2006.

LISTEN HERE
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=eysnazbab.0.wa7sazbab.ubgj4pbab.18&ts=S0208&p=http%
3A%2F%2Fwww.npr.org%2Ftemplates%2Fstory%2Fstory.php%3FstoryId%3D6200978>
CONTRIBUTE NOW!

 Email: info at brown4congress.org

 Phone: 916-78-BROWN

 Web: http://www.charliebrownforcongress.org
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=eysnazbab.0.95vhqwbab.ubgj4pbab.18&ts=S0208&p=http%
3A%2F%2Fwww.charliebrownforcongress.org>

Forward email
<http://ui.constantcontact.com/sa/fwtf.jsp?m=1101121493044&ea=jac07%40dcn.or
g&a=1101424675588>

 <http://ui.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?p=un&m=1101121493044&ea=jac07%40dcn.or
g&se=18&t=1101424675588&lang=en&reason=F> This email was sent to
jac07 at dcn.org, by info at brown4congress.org
Update Profile/Email Address
<http://ui.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?p=oo&m=1101121493044&ea=jac07%40dcn.org
&se=18&t=1101424675588&lang=en&reason=F>  | Instant removal with
SafeUnsubscribe
<http://ui.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?p=un&m=1101121493044&ea=jac07%40dcn.org
&se=18&t=1101424675588&lang=en&reason=F> £ | Privacy Policy
<http://ui.constantcontact.com/roving/CCPrivacyPolicy.jsp> .