[Davis Democrats] Bill Clinton:Triple Matching of DSCC contributions

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Sun Oct 15 21:43:52 PDT 2006

------ Forwarded Message
From: President Bill Clinton <info at dscc.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 09:16:29 -0400 (EDT)
To: <jac07 at dcn.org>
Subject: Spreading Lies.  Fostering Fear.

<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?key=81289392&url_num=1&url=ht
tps://secure.democratsenators.org/dia/organizations/dscc/shop/20061013_bclin
ton_LAD.jsp> Dear John ,We.  Can.  Do.  This.
A Democratic Senate is 100 percent within our reach. I know the candidates
in the top races. I've talked with them, I've worked with them, and I've
campaigned with them. They have the right values and the right ideas. And
voters are responding to them. America is ready for change.
In the past six years, Republicans have governed to please the most
right-wing and special interest-dominated segments of their party.  In 25
days, we can show them the door.
The Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee (DSCC) is watching every Senate
race in the country, and they know exactly what to do to ensure that the
American people hear the truth about our candidates and the truth about the
consequences of charging down the same path we've been on for the last six
years, instead of changing direction.
I know that our Democratic candidates care deeply about returning the power
to the American people and restoring America's place in the world.  All of
the momentum is with them, but the DSCC needs you to give them the final
wave of support they need for victory.  You have been there for the DSCC in
the past, and now they need you once again.
Your help today is so urgent because the DSCC is doing everything it can to
put the Republicans out of contention now.  Republicans are on the run and
fighting among themselves.  This is where a well-funded and united
Democratic front can clinch the election.  Now is the time to act.  The DSCC
must raise $2.6 million by October 20 to fully fund their plan to take back
the Senate.
Click here to make a contribution of $50, $75 or more to help the DSCC to
get the truth out to voters and beat back the right-wing attack machine.
<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?key=81289392&url_num=2&url=ht
tps://secure.democratsenators.org/dia/organizations/dscc/shop/20061013_bclin
ton_LAD.jsp>
This goal is so important that if you give by midnight on Sunday, a group of
Democratic Senators will match your donation two to one, effectively
tripling your contribution.  Please, act today to keep Democrats on the
offensive in our fight for the Senate.
The Republicans know how close they are to losing power.  So just like they
did in 2004, they have organized a secret network of Swift Boat-type groups
to spread lies and foster fear. Funded by right-wing extremists, these
groups will say and do anything.  And they're not just ruthless, they're
rolling in money. One group has already spent more than five million dollars
on ads in Ohio and Missouri alone.
I know firsthand how low the right-wing attack machine is willing to go.
But you know the truth - you know that we led America to eight years of
unprecedented peace and prosperity. I'm proud of what we did together, and
honored by the trust you placed in me. Now, I'm asking you to join me again,
to end the right-wing Republican stranglehold on our government, and set
America on a new course.
So please - join me in supporting the DSCC. Every dollar you contribute will
be spent exactly where it's needed to put Democrats in charge of the Senate
and restore Democratic values to our government.
<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?key=81289392&url_num=3&url=ht
tps://secure.democratsenators.org/dia/organizations/dscc/shop/20061013_bclin
ton_LAD.jsp>
Sincerely, Bill Clinton

Make a contribution to the DSCC today and it will give Democrats the final
push we need to counter the Republicans and their right-wing groups in these
critical 25 days before Election Day.
If you received this message from a friend, click this button to join the
DSCC.
 <http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?key=81289392&url_num=4&url=h
ttps://secure.democratsenators.org/dia/organizations/dscc/shop/20061013_bcli
nton_LAD.jsp>
 <http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?key=81289392&url_num=5&url=h
ttp://admin.dscc.org/dia/organizations/dscc/signUp.jsp?key=9>