[Davis Democrats] Debra Bowen: Help me deliver a "Voter Bill of Rights" to all Californians

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Tue Oct 17 22:34:55 PDT 2006

------ Forwarded Message
From: Debra Bowen <info at debrabowen.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 21:33:14 GMT
To: john chendo <jac07 at dcn.org>
Subject: Help me deliver a "Voter Bill of Rights" to all Californians

   <http://www.debrabowen.com>

  Dear john,

Millions of absentee ballots have already been distributed across
California, so many people are already voting right now!  Please forward
this email to everyone you know!

 <http://ga3.org/campaign/voterbillofrights/iweiwg6245b8xxj?source=bill_of_r
ights>
Show your support for my "Voter Bill of Rights" today!
<http://ga3.org/campaign/voterbillofrights/iweiwg6245b8xxj?source=bill_of_ri
ghts>
In light of the many problems we've seen in elections across America in
recent years -- from Florida, to Ohio, to Maryland, and even here in
California -- it's clear that we must do much more to restore confidence in
our voting system.

That's why I've written a Voter Bill of Rights -- 10 simple but powerful
principles that will guide me every day as your next Secretary of State. If
you share this commitment to repairing our election systems, I hope you'll
stand with me and endorse my Voter Bill of Rights today.

Show your support for free and fair elections in California -- sign on to my
"Voter Bill of Rights" now!
<http://ga3.org/campaign/voterbillofrights/iweiwg6245b8xxj?source=bill_of_ri
ghts>

What will I fight for as your next Secretary of State? Take a look. Here are
the 10 key principles that make up my Voter Bill of Rights:
1.
2. The Right to Register to Vote
3.
4. The Right to Vote
5.
6. The Right to Vote in a Tamper-Proof Election
7.
8. The Right to Vote on Paper
9.
10. The Right to Have Your Vote Counted Accurately
11.
12. The Right to Have Election Results Properly Audited
13.
14. The Right to an Open, Transparent, Public Process
15.
16. The Right to Elections Officials who Operate Free of Partisan Influence
17.
18. The Right to Know that Elected Officials are Free from the Influence of
Campaign Contributions from Voting Machine Vendors
19.
20. The Right to Find Out How Money is being Raised and Spent in the
Political Process
Some of these ideas may sound simple -- and they are! But, in light of the
voting problems we've seen in California and across the country, we can't
take a single one for granted.

As your next Secretary of State, I will fight to deliver every one of these
rights to you and to all Californians who are eligible to vote.  And I hope
you'll stand with me.

Sign on to my "Voter Bill of Rights" today!
<http://ga3.org/campaign/voterbillofrights/iweiwg6245b8xxj?source=bill_of_ri
ghts>

Californians deserve free, fair, and transparent elections -- a system that
is beyond question or reproach. That's what I'll deliver as your next
Secretary of State. But I can't do it alone.

I'm asking for your support for my "Voter Bill of Rights"
<http://ga3.org/campaign/voterbillofrights/iweiwg6245b8xxj?source=bill_of_ri
ghts>  -- and I'm also asking you for your support, and your vote, to be
your next Secretary of State.

Sincerely,

Debra Bowen
California State Senator

P.S. I hope you'll share this email with other Californians who share our
commitment to elections integrity. Please forward this message to everyone
you know!

Sign on to my "Voter Bill of Rights" today!
<http://ga3.org/campaign/voterbillofrights/iweiwg6245b8xxj?source=bill_of_ri
ghts>  | Contribute Today!
<https://secure.ga3.org/03/bowen/n47MuLhn1Jzfa?source=bill_of_rights>
Paid for by Debra Bowen for Secretary of State
578 Washington Blvd. #409, Marina del Rey, CA 90292
(c) 2006 Debra Bowen for Secretary of State, ID #1271345

  Invite your friends and family to join Debra Bowen's campaign for
Secretary of State today!
  Tell-a-friend!
<http://ga3.org/join-forward.html?domain=debrabowen&r=47MuLhn1Jzfa>

  If you received this message from a friend, you can sign up for Debra
Bowen For Secretary of State
<http://ga3.org/debrabowen/join.html?r=47MuLhn1JzfaE> .