[Davis Democrats] Bill Clinton: Landslide--triple matching funds for U.S. Senate

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Wed Oct 25 07:44:16 PDT 2006

------ Forwarded Message
From: President Bill Clinton <info at dscc.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 09:01:27 -0400 (EDT)

Subject: Landslide

<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?key=89156295&url_num=1&url=ht
tps://secure.democratsenators.org/dia/organizations/dscc/shop/20061025_clint
on_VRD-RD.jsp> Our way works. Their way doesn't.
That isn't just a theory anymore - it's historical fact.
Under Democratic leadership, we created millions more jobs; we lifted
millions more people out of poverty and gave them health care; we expanded
the middle class and raised the incomes of our families.
The Republicans who control the White House and the Congress have led us
down a very different path. They've chosen ideology over community, harsh
politics over good government, and personal destruction over common ground.
They've left ordinary Americans to fend for themselves, and left the United
States isolated around the world when we should be leading it instead.
Democrats have already won the battle of ideas.  By a large majority,
Americans are ready for a change.  But now we need to win the battle on the
ground - and that's where you come in.
Because of your recent contribution to the Democratic Senatorial Campaign
Committee (DSCC), we've been able to run the biggest get out the vote
program in the history of the Democratic Party.  Without you, no one would
be talking about Democrats retaking the U.S. Senate.  But with only 13 days
until the election, we need your continued support to close the deal.
I know you just gave to the DSCC.  You have already done more than your fair
share.  But opportunities like this come once in a lifetime and we must
continue to give it all we've got.  The far-right wing that is running the
Republican Party has never been more vulnerable.
We are going to pick up seats in the Senate in November.  The only question
is how many: will we merely narrow the difference between us and
Republicans, or will we elect a Democratic majority that gives us a chance
to start putting our government back in our hands?
Your continued support means the difference between Democratic gains and a
Democratic majority.
Please click here to make a secure online donation of $100, $150 or more.
Every contribution counts.  If you give now, a group of Democratic Senators
will give two dollars for every one you give.
<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?key=89156295&url_num=2&url=ht
tps://secure.democratsenators.org/dia/organizations/dscc/shop/20061025_clint
on_VRD-RD.jsp>
If you see the polls and read the newspapers, you know that every day, more
and more Americans from all sorts of backgrounds and every corner of the
country are demanding change in Washington.
Republicans are seeing it, too.  And they're turning to one of the oldest
and dirtiest tricks in the book:  they're trying to scare people.  They want
folks to stop thinking.  So when they spread fear, we need to spread facts.
The Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee (DSCC) is helping Senate
candidates all over the country to do just that. Already, the DSCC has
knocked on hundreds of thousands of doors and made millions of phone calls.
They've reached out to thousands of new voters every day.  But we need to do
more.
I am going to do everything I can over the next 13 days to reelect Democrats
across our country to the Senate. Please help me by helping the DSCC again.
Our goal is to match the Republican get out the vote effort
dollar-for-dollar over the next two weeks, and with your help, we can.
<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?key=89156295&url_num=3&url=ht
tps://secure.democratsenators.org/dia/organizations/dscc/shop/20061025_clint
on_VRD-RD.jsp>
The races are close, and in these final days, your help makes all the
difference. Americans are turning against the Republicans and are thinking
for themselves.  They're not afraid. They're hopeful.
If we have the resources to answer Republican fear-mongering with Democratic
truth-telling, we are going to win this election.
That isn't a theory either - and with your help, the days of Republican
control in Washington will be history.
Sincerely, Bill Clinton

Make a contribution to the DSCC today. We can win BIG in just 13 days, but
only if we have your support.

If you received this message from a friend, click this button to join the
DSCC.
 <http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?key=89156295&url_num=4&url=h
ttps://secure.democratsenators.org/dia/organizations/dscc/shop/20061025_clin
ton_VRD-RD.jsp>
 <http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?key=89156295&url_num=5&url=h
ttp://admin.dscc.org/dia/organizations/dscc/signUp.jsp?key=9>
This message was sent to jac07 at dcn.org. To unsubscribe from the DSCC's email
list, please click here.
<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?key=89156295&url_num=6&url=ht
tp://admin.dscc.org/dia/organizations/dscc/unsubscribe.jsp?unsubscribe>  You
can also send a reply to this message with "unsubscribe" in the subject
line.