[Davis Democrats] Latest Rexroad vs. Sieferman press release

Kingsley Melton meltonkl at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 27 12:09:52 PDT 2006

This is gonna be a tight one folks.  Hoping to see you here at the headquarters in Woodland, 327 College Street, Saturday, November 4th, 10am.

Kingsley

  PRESS RELEASE

  Yolo Democratic Victory Headquarters
  327 College Street, Suite 104
  Woodland, CA 95695

  October 25, 2006                                                                    Contact:  Kingsley Melton
                                                                                                                   530-867-2473

  ***For Immediate Release***

  SUPERVISOR, CHALLENGER DIFFER ON CAMPAIGN STRATEGIES
  Sieferman elects door to door grassroots, Rexroad opts for television commercials

  The race for the Yolo County’s 3rd District Supervisor is characterized by two different strategies for victory.  Incumbent Frank Sieferman Jr. prefers the personal touch, walking door to door daily with a positive message while attorney and political consultant Matt Rexroad is more likely seen on cable television spots criticizing Yolo County government.

  Sieferman can be found walking Woodland’s neighborhoods every day after work and on weekends, “The people of Woodland voted me into office four years ago because I asked each and every voter for their vote face to face.  My strategy hasn’t changed.”

  Rexroad, an attorney and professional political consultant, is more likely spotted by Woodland residents on television.  The new 30-second commercial blends negative and positive messages and can be spotted on the History Channel, TNT, USA and other cable networks.  Surprisingly, the internet savvy Rexroad has yet to post the new commercial on his campaign website.

  Time is a factor, as Rexroad must balance his own campaign with campaigns all over California.  “It’s like being a CPA during tax season, except everyone needs you for their November 7th project instead of their April 15th deadline,” said local political consultant Rich Peterson.

  “Any political consultant is busy right now” said consultant Brian Micek who currently works on the “Yes on SMUD” campaign.

  Rexroad and his company, Meridian Pacific Inc., recently made headlines speaking to accusations of FPPC violations in a Southern California Assembly race.  Assemblywoman Bonnie Garcia is seeking reelection in one of California’s few competitive Assembly races and has hired Rexroad’s firm to run the campaign.
  ###

John Chendo <jac07 at dcn.org> wrote:

Help me fight back against McPherson's big-money, right-wing special
interests.

First, the good news: Our own internal campaign polling confirms what the
recent LA Times poll showed -- I'm up by 5%, according to Goodwin Simon
Research.

This race is still too close to call, but the demographics of those who are
still undecided favor my campaign.

Now, the bad news: Republican anti-choice leaders, Big Tobacco, Big Oil, the
insurance lobby, and dozens of developers know I'm in the lead, and now
they're scrambling to stop me by investing Big Money in McPherson's
campaign. Thanks in large part to these recent large contributions, they've
given him a nearly $700,000 cash advantage.

Help us turn around the only bad news that still stands in our way. Make a
contribution to our campaign today!

But getting major donations from these typical big-money, right-wing special
interests isn't the only source of Secretary of State McPherson's cash flow.

The car dealer lobby -- which fought hard to try to defeat legislation on
identify theft protection and credit freezes that I authored and pushed
through the Legislature -- is now targeting me for defeat by underwriting
McPherson's campaign. It seems that they're looking for some payback, while
trying to send a message to my fellow legislators to discourage them from
considering new consumer protection laws.

Serious questions are being raised about several of my opponent's other
contributors as well. This week, Hewlett Packard -- a corporation that was
just indicted by the State Attorney General -- contributed thousands more to
McPherson. And don't forget that McPherson already grudgingly sent back
thousands of dollars in contributions from Jack Abramoff's lobbying firm.

McPherson may have captured the special interests, but I have you on my
side. Please help me fight back by contributing today!

Ultimately, we shouldn't be surprised that a long line of special interests
are rushing to inject cash into my opponent's campaign. But we need to
remember why they are doing this:

They're afraid of leaders who refuse their marching orders; they're afraid
of any measure that would dilute their control over Sacramento; and, most of
all, they're afraid of a Secretary of State who will work to make sure that
all eligible voters can participate in the electoral process.

Come November 7th, let's show them that this fear is well-founded.
Contribute today, and let's fight back against McPherson's special
interests!

Secretary of State McPherson's cash advantage may seem like bad news -- but
with your help we'll make sure that the news on November 7th is good and
sends a message to the special interests that they can't control the outcome
of an election.

Sincerely,

Debra Bowen
California State Senator

P.S. With only 25 more days until Election Day -- and with millions of
absentee ballots being distributed this week -- now is the time to stand up
and be counted. Please give us the resources we need to fight back today and
every day through November 7th!

Contribute Today!
Paid for by Debra Bowen for Secretary of State
578 Washington Blvd. #409, Marina del Rey, CA 90292
(c) 2006 Debra Bowen for Secretary of State, ID #1271345

Invite your friends and family to join Debra Bowen's campaign for
Secretary of State today!
Tell-a-friend!

If you received this message from a friend, you can sign up for Debra
Bowen For Secretary of State
.

page to modify
your email communication preferences or update your personal profile. To
stop ALL email from Debra Bowen For Secretary of State, click to remove
95b86b3&> yourself from our lists (or reply via email with "remove or
unsubscribe" in the subject line).