[Davis Democrats] 6 Days...

Richard Peterson richard-peterson at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 31 09:05:06 PST 2006

Dear Davis Democratic Club- After today, we have 6 days to get our message out and drive people out to the polls.  For those of you who have given your time and energy to our efforts, I offer a humble thank you...and I'm going to ask you for more.  Let tonight be a celebration, but afterwards, we have work to do.  Private polling shows that Phil is beginning to close in on Arnold.  Further, I offer this snippet from one leading California Political Blog: "Private tracking polls in the Democratic and Republican parties show the hotly contested races for lieutenant governor, controller, and secretary of state still within the margin of polling error."  The infrastructure bonds, No on 85, Yes on 87, No on 90, and Yes to SMUD are in similarly difficult battles.

Davis can make a difference; by just getting out an extra 2,000-plus votes, we will have the ability to turn an entire state-wide election!  Through the end of last week, only 22.3% of Democratic absentee ballots have been returned.  To put things in perspective, that is a 7.04% turnout to date.  We can do better.

I need to ask for 2 more hours from everyone.  2 hours of phone calls, or walking a 4-block radius around your house (or apartment) - also about 2 hours.  We will have a walk list ready for every precinct for this Saturday & Sunday.  We will be targeting infrequent voting Dems (3 out of five elections).  Saturday necessarily is a day of action.  We can make a difference.

Headquarters is located at: 231 E Street (behind Espresso Roma).  Bring a friend!

Rich Peterson