[Davis Democrats] --from Sen.Ted Kennedy, matching for Senate

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Tue Oct 31 07:54:11 PST 2006

------
From: "Sen. Ted Kennedy" <info at dscc.org>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 09:37:29 -0500 (EST)
To: <jac07 at dcn.org>
Subject: Disgraceful

Dear john ,
<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?key=94559890&url_num=1&url=ht
tps://secure.democratsenators.org/dia/organizations/dscc/shop/20061031_Kenne
dy_VRD-RD-DC.jsp> The growing insurgency and the increasing sectarian
violence didn't do it.  The cost of thousands of lives and billions of
dollars didn't do it. Only the prospect of losing his rubber-stamp Congress
convinced George Bush to stand in front of the American people last
Wednesday to talk about flexibility and changing course in Iraq.  Seven
short days remain until the Congressional elections on November 7th and
Democrats are winning.  We're winning in red states, blue states and
everywhere in between. George Bush is desperate to say or do anything to
keep us from gaining the six more seats we need to retake the Senate.  If
that means playing politics with the war in Iraq, it is a price George Bush
is happy to pay. He should be ashamed of himself. I know you are fed up with
the disgraceful lies about the war.  The generous support you just gave to
the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee (DSCC) has bought us one step
closer to bringing the Republicans to account. But the elections are only
seven days away and our races in Missouri, Tennessee and Virginia are dead
even.  Democrats must win at least two out of these three states to take
back the Senate.  We know the Republicans are stopping at nothing to hold
these seats.  I know you just did your part but we absolutely need you again
to make the decisive difference.   Click here to make a contribution of
$100, $150 or more so that the Democratic candidates will have everything
they need in this final week before Election Day.  Make a donation now and a
group of my Democratic Senators will match you dollar for dollar,
effectively doubling your contribution.
<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?key=94559890&url_num=2&url=ht
tps://secure.democratsenators.org/dia/organizations/dscc/shop/20061031_Kenne
dy_VRD-RD-DC.jsp> The President's misleading rhetoric isn't the half of it.
I've been in politics my whole adult life and I have never seen such an
unethical campaign for one party to retain power.  In Tennessee Republicans
were just forced to take down an ad attacking Democrat Harold Ford, Jr.
because of its blatantly racist overtones. In Missouri, the Kansas City Star
is demanding that Republican Jim Talent stop flatly misquoting the paper in
his ads. In Ohio, Republican Mike DeWine actually ran an ad containing
doctored images of the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center. After
six years of abusing the trust of the American people, Republicans are
desperate to avoid the accountability they know is coming with a Democratic
Senate. None of these underhanded attacks are working, because the DSCC is
using your indispensable support to debunk these lies the second they come
out.  We're winning in the race for seven Republican seats, and we're within
a miniscule margin in one other. Now is the time to take our strongest
possible stand.  The next seven days will make all the difference in these
key elections, and your support now can help us score a victory for the
ages.  Click here to make a contribution of $100, $150 or more so that the
Democratic candidates will have everything they need in this final week
before Election Day.  Make a donation now and a group of my Democratic
Senators will match you dollar for dollar, effectively doubling your
contribution.
<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?key=94559890&url_num=3&url=ht
tps://secure.democratsenators.org/dia/organizations/dscc/shop/20061031_Kenne
dy_VRD-RD-DC.jsp> Think about all the lies that have been fed to you the
last six years.  Think about the gross deception and staggering incompetence
that has strained America in the eyes of the world.  Think about how
disappointed we all are in our government.  It doesn't have to be this way.
Winning back our country is within our reach.  Now is the time for everyone
who cares about the future of America to support our Democratic candidates
for the Senate. It's the chance we have all been waiting for - and we can't
afford to miss it! Sincerely, Sen. Edward M. Kennedy

Democrats are on the verge of taking back the Senate, but it all comes down
to what we do in the next 7 days. Make a contribution to the DSCC to keep
Democrats ahead.

If you received this message from a friend, click this button to join the
DSCC.
 <http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?key=94559890&url_num=4&url=h
ttps://secure.democratsenators.org/dia/organizations/dscc/shop/20061031_Kenn
edy_VRD-RD-DC.jsp>
 <http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?key=94559890&url_num=5&url=h
ttp://admin.dscc.org/dia/organizations/dscc/signUp.jsp?key=9>