[Davis Democrats] Barbara Boxer: good news before Labor (Union) Day

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Fri Sep 1 21:33:52 PDT 2006

------ Forwarded Message
From: Barbara Boxer <info at pacforachange.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 00:48:25 GMT
To: john chendo <jac07 at dcn.org>
Subject: More great news before Labor Day

   <http://www.barbaraboxer.com>

  Dear john,
 <http://ga4.org/ct/Bp18Z-s1FROV/actblue>
Support Jack Carter -- and other great candidates -- through our ActBlue
page! <http://ga4.org/ct/Bp18Z-s1FROV/actblue>

Yesterday, I wrote to you about 7 solid races where Democratic challengers
are strongly positioned to knock off Republican Senate incumbents, giving us
a terrific opportunity to win back the 6 seats we need to take back the
Senate this November.

Well the great news is, as the American people continue to cry out for new
leadership, more and more races are being added to that list of potential
Democratic Senate pick-ups.

One more race that we didn't discuss yesterday, but I want to bring to your
attention, is Jack Carter's campaign in Nevada.  Jack Carter, the son of
President Jimmy Carter, is running against Republican Senator John Ensign.
According to a new poll released this week from Zogby Interactive, Jack now
trails Ensign by only three points -- well within the poll's margin of
error!

Jack Carter clearly has the momentum in Nevada -- and his victory would
signal a Democratic tidal wave that would sweep the Republicans out of their
leadership lock on the U.S. Senate.

I hope you'll visit Jack Carter's campaign website
<http://ga4.org/ct/X118Z-s1FROC/carterfornevada-com>  and donate to Jack's
campaign -- and all of our endorsed candidates -- through our PAC for a
Change ActBlue contribution page! <http://ga4.org/ct/Bp18Z-s1FROV/actblue>

As the November elections rapidly approach, we'll be talking about many more
important races to get Democrats to the all-important 51 seat threshold in
the U.S. Senate -- including other potential pick-up opportunities, like Jim
Pederson's campaign in Arizona.  Supporting candidates that are defending
current Democratic seats -- like Bob Menendez in New Jersey, Amy Klobuchar
in Minnesota, and the winner of the Democratic primary in Maryland -- will
also be critically important to our 51 seat strategy.

So stay tuned, stay engaged, and gear up for these last two months before
November!  I hope you and your family have a safe and happy Labor Day
weekend.

In Friendship,

Barbara Boxer
U.S. Senator

P.S.  The Senate returns from our August recess on Tuesday.  At the top of
my agenda will be introducing an amendment urging the President to fire
Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld for his incompetent management of the Iraq
war, including his recent statements excoriating the American people for
calling for an exit strategy in Iraq.  I'll tell you more about this
amendment -- and ask for your help -- early next week.

Visit the PAC for a Change ActBlue Page Today!
<http://ga4.org/ct/Bp18Z-s1FROV/actblue>
Paid for by PAC for a Change, www.barbaraboxer.com
<http://www.barbaraboxer.com/> , Treasurer Sim Farar, FEC#C00342048.
Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee

  Invite your friends and family to join Senator Boxer's PAC for a Change
today!
  Tell-a-friend!
<http://ga4.org/join-forward.html?domain=boxer2004&r=D118Z-s1BRyT>

  If you received this message from a friend, you can sign up for PAC for a
Change <http://ga4.org/pacforachange/join.html?r=D118Z-s1BRyTE> .