[Davis Democrats] Al Gore: Matching Funds for Dem senatorial campaign committee

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Mon Sep 25 20:25:34 PDT 2006

------ Forwarded Message
From: Vice President Al Gore <info at dscc.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 14:01:12 -0400 (EDT)
To: <jac07 at dcn.org>
Subject: Rose-colored Reality

Dear John ,
<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?key=67775511&url_num=1&url=ht
tps://secure.democratsenators.org/dia/organizations/dscc/shop/20060925_gore_
LAD-DC.jsp> History shows that the Bush administration's pattern of lies and
deception cannot change reality - whether they are trying to deceive us that
the war is in its "last throes," that global warming needs "more study"
before we can combat it, or that tax cuts for the top one percent help
ordinary families. Americans know the truth and Americans know that it is
time to bring the truth back to Washington. Forty-three days from now, we
can wake up with a Democratic majority in the Senate and put an end to
George Bush's extreme, right-wing regime. Or we can wake up and wonder why
we didn't do enough, why we allowed ourselves to be Swift-boated by hateful
Republican attack ads. The choice is ours.

We can choose to define our candidates before GOP operatives smear them with
below the belt personal attacks and misrepresentations about their records.
We can answer every Republican smear by telling every voter what Democrats
really stand for. And we can implement the most comprehensive and aggressive
voter contact program in history. Right now, Democrats are ahead or surging
in eight states. We need to win six seats to take back control of the
Senate. In order for the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee (DSCC) to
carry out its strategy - the strategy that your support has made successful
to date - we must raise $2.5 million dollars before September 30th. You have
been there when the DSCC needed your help in the past and with less than 50
days left before the midterm elections, your support is more important than
ever. A group of Democratic Senators has agreed to match your donation
dollar for dollar - meaning that your gift is instantly doubled. Click here
to make a secure online contribution of $50, $75 or more to keep the
positive momentum going for Democratic Senate candidates across the country.
<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?key=67775511&url_num=2&url=ht
tps://secure.democratsenators.org/dia/organizations/dscc/shop/20060925_gore_
LAD-DC.jsp>  The next seven weeks will be incredibly difficult on our
candidates and all of us who support them. Republican operatives are
promising that they'll spend 90 percent of their $50 million-plus budget on
negative attack ads. They say they have $43 million more to spend than
Democrats. And they're using it to shift the debate away from the Bush
administration's endless stream of debacles - Iraq, millions without health
insurance, skyrocketing gas prices and a shameful refusal to address the
causes of global warming. In Pennsylvania, a desperate Rick Santorum is on
the air trying to peddle lies made up out of thin air about Democrat Bob
Casey's campaign. In Montana, Conrad Burns' television ads demonize Democrat
Jon Tester. In my home state of Tennessee, Harold Ford is fighting off
attacks from a Republican opponent who seems dead-set on making this the
most negative race in our state's history. The good news is that their toxic
rhetoric is increasingly falling on deaf ears. Democrats are leading or
within single digits of Republicans in eight states. Remember, we need six
seats to win back control of the Senate. This is a battle we must wage on
all eight fronts - not a single one of our candidates should lose for a lack
of resources. The choice is ours. Television ads, as critical as they are,
aren't the only component of a winning campaign. We must win the old
fashioned way - knocking on doors, making phone calls, driving voters to the
polls. And we know we can count on you - our grassroots supporters -- to win
with new technologies - building support on the Internet, getting out the
vote through email and more. Yes, we can and will do all of these things.
But only if we have the resources to do the job. Click here to make a secure
online contribution of $50, $75 or more to keep the positive momentum going
for Democratic Senate candidates across the country.
<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?key=67775511&url_num=3&url=ht
tps://secure.democratsenators.org/dia/organizations/dscc/shop/20060925_gore_
LAD-DC.jsp>  Republicans will do anything to maintain their grip on power.
But as I write you today, we are within striking distance of ending their
disastrous reign of incompetence. You can give the Democratic Senatorial
Campaign Committee the resources it needs to carry out its strategy, to keep
our candidates ahead in the countdown to Election Day. I ask that you make
that choice.
Thank you. Sincerely,  Al Gore P.S.  I know you have friends, family,
co-workers and neighbors who want to bring the truth back to Washington,
D.C. and put the brakes on George Bush's extreme, right-wing regime.  Please
forward this message and ask them to make a donation to help elect a
Democratic Senate and put a stop to his radical agenda.

When you make a contribution today, the DSCC will put your money to work
right away in the campaign to put a stop to George Bush's extreme agenda.

If you received this message from a friend, click this button to join the
DSCC.
 <http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?key=67775511&url_num=4&url=h
ttps://secure.democratsenators.org/dia/organizations/dscc/shop/20060925_gore
_LAD-DC.jsp>
 <http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?key=67775511&url_num=5&url=h
ttp://admin.dscc.org/dia/organizations/dscc/signUp.jsp?key=9>
This message was sent to jac07 at dcn.org. To unsubscribe from the DSCC's email
list, please click here.
<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?key=67775511&url_num=6&url=ht
tp://admin.dscc.org/dia/organizations/dscc/unsubscribe.jsp?unsubscribe>  You
can also send a reply to this message with "unsubscribe" in the subject
line.