[Davis Democrats] Mel Trujillo

Rhonda & Anthony Gruska rjgruska at pacbell.net
Sat Apr 14 00:51:53 PDT 2007

Hi,

  Mel Trujillo passed away at about 9pm on Friday, April 13th.  He died of cancer and the good news is that he did not suffer.  He was surrounded by his loving wife and family and received many phone calls, visits and cards from his friends during his short stay in the hospital. He mentioned shortly before he passed that he hoped he would not have to stay in the hospital long or he would surely die of boredom. Classic Mel, always wanting to stay busy and willing to contribute up to the end.  He was such a brilliant, wonderful man. We are blessed to have known him.

  I will keep you posted about plans for his memorial. I will also let you know how you can best assist Joyce and the family.  Right now they need some rest and time to process everything, as this all happened pretty quickly.

  Rhonda

Rhonda and Tony Gruska
Monticello Bistro
5 East Main St.