[Davis Democrats] Clean Money in Campaigns AB 583 in Elections Committee Today-room 444 at 130pm, Capitol

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Tue Apr 17 09:42:19 PDT 2007

------ Forwarded Message
From: "Trent Lange, CA Clean" <newsletter at caclean.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 11:06:21 -0400 (EDT)
To: <jac07 at dcn.org>
Subject: REMINDER:  AB 583 in Elections Committee Today

Dear John,
As a Sacramento area resident, you have a special opportunity to help out
the progress of Clean Money today by joining the other activists who have
come from across the state to the Elections Committee hearing of AB 583, the
California Clean Money and Fair Elections Act.  Please help us pack the room
if you can!

Here's today's schedule:

9:30am-10:00am:
Meet in the Eureka room of the BASEMENT Cafeteria at the Capitol Building to
receive a briefing, "sweeping reform" buttons, and other info (NOTE:  This
is changed from the 6th floor cafeteria, where we normally meet).
10:00am-1:00pm
We'll divide into small groups to lobby legislators and their staff on AB
583.  Every group will have an experienced Clean Money speaker.  Sometime
during this time there will be a press conference on AB 583, to which those
who aren't in lobbying meetings are encouraged to attend. 1:30pm-???
We pack the Assembly Elections Committee hearing room, chaired by
Assemblymember Curren Price, in room 444 of the old rotunda part of the
state capitol building.  There will be a hearing on the bill, including
testimony by Pete McCloskey, the former Republican Congressmember.  Bring
something to read because you never know for sure when our bill will be up.
Hopefully see some of you there!

Trent Lange
Vice President of Board of Directors
California Clean Money Campaign

California Clean Money Campaign Susan Lerner.........  Executive Director
Daniel I. Medress....  Field Organizer
Felipe Agredano......  Los Angeles Field Director
Moira Brennan........  Development Director
Brooklynn Mitchell...  Office Administrator
Jo Seidita...........  President
Trent Lange..........  Vice President Contact us at Info at CAclean.org or at
(800) 566-3780  TOOLS FOR CHANGE
Become a member.
www.CAclean.org/join
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=ukog95bab.0.5ffy9rbab.kenmtrbab.954&ts=S0241&p=http
%3A%2F%2Fwww.caclean.org%2Fjoin-alert.php> Become a member by mail or phone.
Call (800) 566-3780 for questions and options.
California Clean Money Campaign
11844 W. Pico Blvd., Suite 200
Los Angeles, CA 90064 Ask your friends to join too, because they care as
much as you.
www.CAclean.org/tellafriend/
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=ukog95bab.0.r4zl57bab.kenmtrbab.954&ts=S0241&p=http
%3A%2F%2Fwww.caclean.org%2Ftellafriend%2F> Learn more.