[Davis Democrats] New Rep.McNerney gives support to Charlie Brown

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Tue Apr 24 17:37:16 PDT 2007

------ Forwarded Message
From: Congressman Jerry McNerney <info at jerrymcnerney.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 14:23:25 -0400 (EDT)
To: <jac07 at dcn.org>
Subject: Today, I am putting your people power into action

 <http://www.jerrymcnerney.org>
        Hello,

AN URGENT AND IMPORTANT ACTION: I've got some exciting news below. But
first, please take just a few seconds to vote for Charlie Brown
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=aj4cc4bab.0.kfcbd4bab.uuaecqbab.9778&ts=S0241&p=htt
p%3A%2F%2Fwww.democracyforamerica.com%2Fallstars>  right now in the second
and final round of Democracy for America's "Grassroots All-Star"
congressional campaign competition, ending Wednesday at midnight. Your vote
last year made me DFA's 2006 "Grassroots All-Star," giving me a critically
early boost in our campaign to defeat Richard Pombo. Your vote today can
make Charlie Brown -- the only California candidate in the competition --
DFA's 2007 "Grassroots All-Star" and help him defeat scandal-plagued Rep.
John Doolittle. From our district to Charlie's district, we're building a
movement to clean up the GOP's culture of corruption in Congress. Join us by
voting for Charlie now at: http://www.democracyforamerica.com/allstars
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=aj4cc4bab.0.kfcbd4bab.uuaecqbab.9778&ts=S0241&p=htt
p%3A%2F%2Fwww.democracyforamerica.com%2Fallstars>

 Thank you for taking that quick action. Now, let me tell you how we're
putting your people power into action.
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=aj4cc4bab.0.ehnwmvbab.uuaecqbab.9778&ts=S0241&p=htt
p%3A%2F%2Fwww.jerrymcnerney.org%2Fcontribute> A few weeks ago, Karl Rove
targeted me as #3 on his hit list, and the National Republican Congressional
Committee quickly followed by launching a Swift Boat-style web site smearing
me.  You showed Rove's Republican cronies that "when they attack, we fight
back" by blowing away our Federal Election Commission quarterly goal of
$300,000.  Your generosity did not go unnoticed. The day after we posted our
FEC report, local press reports heralded our -- as one reporter described it
-- "eye-opening" fundraising success. Even more importantly, your response
to the NRCC attack made it possible for our people-powered campaign to put
boots on the ground far earlier than planned.  Today, I am thrilled to
announce that we are hiring Martha Gamez as our new Grassroots Coordinator,
centrally located in San Joaquin County.
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=aj4cc4bab.0.lfcbd4bab.uuaecqbab.9778&ts=S0241&p=htt
p%3A%2F%2Fjerrymcnerney.org%2Fmartha.asp> As many of you know, Martha
directed our field campaign in Tracy and Mountain House in 2006, managing
and recruiting hundreds of volunteers who canvassed thousands of voters. I
am bringing Martha on-board early in this election cycle because of her
unique ability to recruit, mobilize, and organize our grassroots supporters,
as she demonstrated so impressively when she helped elect me to Congress
last year. Talking with Judy and Sean,
McNerney for Congress precinct walkers,
 at Martha's house in Tracy

Martha's laser-beam focus on channeling volunteers to engage voters in Tracy
and Mountain House yielded remarkable results in 2006. In Tracy, former
Congressman Richard Pombo's home town, we garnered an amazing 57% of the
vote. The results in Mountain House were even more impressive. In a town
with 44% registered Democrats, I received 64% of the vote. Martha recognized
early on that large numbers of likely voters had recently moved into
Mountain House, a relatively newly planned "exurban" community, but that
very few people had actually re-registered to vote. Recognizing that this
could be ground zero in our campaign for change, Martha made it our mission
to increase voter registration in Mountain House and get out those crucial
votes on Election Day. As one supporter wrote about Martha after walking
precincts in Tracy one day:
> "I can't think of a more pure expression of renewed grassroots citizen
> involvement and revitalization of our democracy than what Martha Gamez is
> doing in her home town."
Of course, you are at the heart of this "revitalization of our democracy,"
providing the generous contributions and priceless volunteer time that will
help Martha Gamez continue to organize, mobilize, and inspire our grassroots
volunteers across the 11th Congressional District. Without your ongoing
support, none of this would be remotely possible. Thank you, again, for
everything you continue to do. P.S. Getting Martha Gamez on the ground now
is just the beginning. If we are going to rebuild the kind of
volunteer-driven campaign that helped me defeat Richard Pombo in 2006, your
long-term commitment is critical. Please consider making a new contribution
or, even better -- a monthly recurring contribution
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=aj4cc4bab.0.ehnwmvbab.uuaecqbab.9778&ts=S0241&p=htt
p%3A%2F%2Fwww.jerrymcnerney.org%2Fcontribute> -- so we can get more
"Marthas" working in the grassroots as soon as possible:
http://www.jerrymcnerney.org/fightback

    email: info at jerrymcnerney.org
    phone: 925-833-0643
    web: http://www.JerryMcNerney.org
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=aj4cc4bab.0.5pulyubab.uuaecqbab.9778&ts=S0241&p=htt
p%3A%2F%2Fwww.JerryMcNerney.org>

FORWARD this email to your friends, family and neighbors!
<http://ui.constantcontact.com/sa/fwtf.jsp?m=1101124469396&ea=jac07%40dcn.or
g&a=1101627751712>

 <http://ui.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?p=un&m=1101124469396&ea=jac07%40dcn.or
g&se=9778&t=1101627751712&lang=en&reason=F> This email was sent to
jac07 at dcn.org, by info at jerrymcnerney.org
Update Profile/Email Address
<http://ui.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?p=oo&m=1101124469396&ea=jac07%40dcn.org
&se=9778&t=1101627751712&lang=en&reason=F>  | Instant removal with
SafeUnsubscribe
<http://ui.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?p=un&m=1101124469396&ea=jac07%40dcn.org
&se=9778&t=1101627751712&lang=en&reason=F> £ | Privacy Policy
<http://ui.constantcontact.com/roving/CCPrivacyPolicy.jsp> .
Email Marketing <http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=business03>  by
 <http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=business03>

McNerney for Congress | P.O. Box 12022 | Pleasanton | CA | 94588