[Davis Democrats] Global Warming Petition

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Thu Aug 9 11:02:46 PDT 2007

------ Forwarded Message
From: "Bob Edgar, Common Cause" <CauseNet at commoncause.org>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 10:18:28 -0700
To: John  Chendo <jac07 at dcn.org>
Subject: We don't have much time - Act Today

Dear John  ,

When voters go to cast their ballots in 2008, Common Cause wants to make
sure that their votes count for a new president who will address one of the
most important issues facing our country: global warming.

I've just signed the League of Conservation Voters'  HeatIsOn.org
<http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?a=eeJSIZNyFcJCJXK&s=ovIWKaM1InK1JfN2G&m=hmKSK
eNXJgI8E>  petition to ensure that the next president is committed to
solving global warming -- will you join me?

Bob Edgar
President, Common Cause

Dear John ,

A president committed to solving global warming - make it happen. 99,062
people have already signed.
Make sure your voice is heard too! Click Here to Sign the Petition TODAY!
<http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?a=mmL8KnM3KrL2JnJ&s=ovIWKaM1InK1JfN2G&m=hmKSK
eNXJgI8E>
<http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?a=kkJ4KjM0LpJZIlK&s=ovIWKaM1InK1JfN2G&m=hmKSK
eNXJgI8E> Can you believe that in nearly 18 months a new president will be
inaugurated?

At this critical juncture, we have a tremendous opportunity to make sure our
next president is committed to solving global warming.  This is our shot -
we can't waste any more time. The League of Conservation Voters is holding
nothing back - we are making this one of our biggest priorities.

The Heat Is On! We've already made a big splash:  99,062 voices united in a
call for global warming solutions. Every serious presidential candidate will
hear you when it counts the most. But only if you sign the petition.

Will you help us by signing The Heat Is On petition today?
<http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?a=isK0LbPNKnJWIdK&s=ovIWKaM1InK1JfN2G&m=hmKSK
eNXJgI8E>

Global warming is the biggest threat to our environment, our health, our
economy. That's why this is our biggest campaign ever. We can't afford to do
anything less. And we want you to be a big part of it.

That is why we have committed to do the following:
* Place organizers in early voting states - Iowa, New Hampshire, South
Carolina and Nevada - to work on the ground with our state league partners
* Meet with reporters who cover the candidates, and challenge the media to
cover this issue as part of the presidential campaign
* Track what each of the candidates is saying about global warming
* Use the 2008 presidential primaries to generate a vigorous national debate
on global warming
Click here NOW to sign LCV's The Heat Is On petition.
<http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?a=ddLQLWNtGiIRJ3J&s=ovIWKaM1InK1JfN2G&m=hmKSK
eNXJgI8E>

The stakes have never been higher. Which is why we are launching a massive
campaign like you've never seen before. With your support - and our shared
commitment to protecting our planet - we truly can succeed.

The race to fundraise and influence the candidates has already begun. The
time to speak out is NOW. Join others in sending presidential candidates a
strong message when it counts the most.

Add your name to the petition - click here.
<http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?a=hhKYI8OKLeIJK8J&s=ovIWKaM1InK1JfN2G&m=hmKSK
eNXJgI8E>

This is just the beginning. In less than two years from now, because of your
hard work, we have the opportunity to inaugurate a president who will combat
global warming and usher in a new era of clean energy.

Thank you so much for your support.

Sincerely,

Gene Karpinski
President

 <http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?a=hhLYJaPOJpKSK8L&s=ovIWKaM1InK1JfN2G&m=hmKS
KeNXJgI8E>

Remove yourself from this mailing
<http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?a=luLWL3POIgJUIkL&s=ovIWKaM1InK1JfN2G&m=hmKSK
eNXJgI8E> .

Remove yourself from all mailings from Common Cause
<http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?a=hqLOKRNyHcINJ9J&s=ovIWKaM1InK1JfN2G&m=hmKSK
eNXJgI8E> .