[Davis Democrats] Jim Hightower: Action alert: Stop the FCC from monopolization of media

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Thu Dec 20 06:57:10 PST 2007

------ Forwarded Message
From: <info at jimhightower.com>
Date: 20 Dec 2007 05:43:25 -0000
To: <announce at lists.jimhightower.com>
Subject: Hightower: Action alert: Stop the FCC  |  Video -- New Year's gifts
|  Battling Monsanto

FULL ALERT, friends. The Kleptocratic, Autocratic, Plutocratic Corporate
Conglomerated Media is chipping more at our Democracy.

Kevin Martin and two of his fellow FCC Commissioners voted yesterday to
allow more media consolidation in local markets--further eroding independent
voices and true investigative journalism. That means more profits for media
owners and fewer choices for us average Joes and Janes.

But enough bad news. We can stop that from happening by deluging Congress
wit demands that it reverse the FCC's regressive action. Congress has in the
past responded to grassroots pressure, so let's push their buttons again.
Free Press is coordinating a national petition drive on this. Check it out
at freepress.net--and join the revolt!
<http://action.freepress.net/campaign/sbmopenletter>

THIS WEEK'S COMMON-SENSE VIDEO COMMENTARY:

Gifts for a happier New Year
 Wait till you hear about the gifts I gave to some of America's power elites
for Christmas.
 http://www.hightowerlowdown.org/node/1489

THE E. COLI LOOPHOLE <http://jimhightower.com//node/6285>

Thursday, December 13, 2007
Posted by Jim Hightower <http://jimhightower.com//author/8>

 Step right up, consumers, and get your pre-cooked, USDA-approved package of
E. coli beef!

 Wait. Did he say E. coli? Isn't that the bacteria that live in cow
intestines... [read more <http://jimhightower.com//node/6285> ]

BATTLING MONSANTO'S DOCTORED MILK <http://jimhightower.com//node/6286>

Friday, December 14, 2007
Posted by Jim Hightower <http://jimhightower.com//author/8>

 Time for another Gooberhead Award [Beanie Cap Breakdown] - presented
periodically to people in the news who have their tongues running 100 miles
an hour... but forgot to put their brains in gear.

 ... [read more <http://jimhightower.com//node/6286> ]

LETTER TO AMERICAN AIRLINES <http://jimhightower.com//node/6288>

Monday, December 17, 2007
Posted by Jim Hightower <http://jimhightower.com//author/8>

 You frequent fliers will call me a fool for even thinking that I could
reason with the CEO of a major airline. You're right - I couldn't even reach
him.

 I'm... [read more <http://jimhightower.com//node/6288> ]

THE HOLIDAY SPIRIT <http://jimhightower.com//node/6289>

Tuesday, December 18, 2007
Posted by Jim Hightower <http://jimhightower.com//author/8>

 Whether it's Christmas, Hanukah, Kwanza, the Winter Solstice, or some other
spiritual and cultural occasion that you're celebrating this month - never
forget what the Powers That Be expect of you: shop, purchase, consume,
spend!

... [read more <http://jimhightower.com//node/6289> ]

COMMANDER BUSH "WINS" ONE <http://jimhightower.com//node/6290>

Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Posted by Jim Hightower <http://jimhightower.com//author/8>

 At last, George W can claim a breakthrough in his six year war in
Afghanistan.

 Things have not been going well there. Bush has spent $127 billion and lost
469 American... [read more <http://jimhightower.com//node/6290> ]

To unsubscribe from this e-mail list, send a blank email to
announce-unsubscribe at lists.jimhightower.com. Make sure that you send the
message from the email account that you want to remove. You can also visit
the mailing list management center at http://www.jimhightower.com/mlm.