[Davis Democrats] Tonight! Davis Dem Club Potluck & Speakers--1221 Kennedy Place

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Tue Feb 13 12:12:34 PST 2007

Tonight, Tuesday, Feb.13, the Davis Democratic Club has its monthly general
meeting. Address: 1221 Kennedy Place.  One block south of the traffic light
on Covell & J street, turn east into Kennedy Place. It¹s in the Community
Room of the Davisville Apartments, just past the roundabout.

The theme is ³Love your Elected Officials.²  $5. Potluck will begin 6pm.

The program speakers will be introduced by John Chendo, starting at 730pm:
County Supervisors Mariko Yamada and Helen Thomson, Assemblywoman Lois Wolk,
School Board member Sheila Allen, among others. At 8:15 pm, the progressive
radio talk show host Enid Goldstein, 1320am Radio from Sacramento, KCTC,
will talk about her growing up in the Midwest, her calling to be a broadcast
journalist, and the importance of freedom of the press.  For democracy, John
Chendo