[Davis Democrats] FW: My letter to the Bee re "no outcry" on KCTC

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Mon Feb 19 12:50:19 PST 2007

Entercom.com is cancelling all ³Air America² programming on 1320AM Radio.
This cancels Al Franken every weekday morning 9am-12, Randi Rhodes every
weekday 12-3pm, and Laura Sanders, Stephanie Miller(daughter of an upstate
NY republican congressman, who has become a Democrat), Rev. James Forbes
(liberal black minister from Riverside Church,NYC) and Robert F. Kennedy
Jr.(environmental show²Ring of Fire²) every weekend. This is a big coup
against free speech. Entercom.com is substituting 100% Sports (ESPN) instead
of political debate, news, and free speech. This is an abuse of the public
airwaves. Please protest by contacting your elected officials and news
media. Protest to redress this grievance by showing up on this Wednesday,
Feb. 21, at 4:30 on the sidewalk in front of the radio station. Take I-80
East toward Reno, get off at the exit for Madison Avenue, turn right along
Madison. The radio station is on the left side of Madison, just before the
traffic light at the intersection of Garfield, where there is a La Bou. Park
near that intersection, and walk back on the sidewalk toward the radio
station.