[Davis Democrats] Final Agenda for Davis Democrat Club Board Meeting on Wednesday January 10th

G Richard Yamagata PhD yamagata at virtual-markets.net
Mon Jan 8 17:59:07 PST 2007

PLEASE NOTE -- THIS MEETING IS AT Lamppost Pizza at 1260 Lake Blvd -- by the
old Ray's Market Place with the usual time of 7-9pm.

If you received your DDC board member folder, PLEASE BRING YOUR FOLDER TO
THE MEETING.

I am going to try to create folders for the new board members.  I have found
that I have run out of folders and will try to purchase more of them.

AGAIN PLEASE NOTE -- THIS MEETING IS AT Lamppost Pizza at 1260 Lake Blvd --
by the old Ray's Market Place with the usual time of 7-9pm.

This meeting will be held from 7PM to 8:06PM, but will more than likey go on
to 9PM.

Please note that all Davis Democrat Club members are welcome to attend the
board meeting.  Usually, we have several guests, both members and
non-members, at these meetings.  There are two announcements that were sent
into me.  I will send those out in a separate e-mail.

Davis Democrat Club Board Meeting on Wednesday January 10th,

             Davis Democratic Club Meeting Agenda
                Wednesday 10th, 7 pm - 8 pm
     Place: Davis Branch, Yolo County Library in Davis.
                     315 East 14th Street.

I.  Introduction and political humor (10 minutes)
        i.    Approval of Agenda
        ii.   Approval of Minutes for past meetings as they are submitted
              (Minutes from November Board Meeting.)
               These minutes have been sent out to the list.  If you need them
               please e-mail yamagata at virtual-markets.net
        iii.  Comments and issues from the Public and general members.
              a. From public for unscheduled presentations.
        iv.   Minutes and reports from other clubs and campus Democrats
              a. Specific report from the Woodland Club, Lyle S.
              b. Report from Yolo County Young Democrats, Lyle or Rich.
              c. Report from UCDavis Campus Democrats, Unknown.
              d. Report on the President's activities for the club, Arun Sen.
              e. Report on the December meeting of the YCDCC
                 (Yolo County Democratic Central Committee.
              f. General motion to send some card, gift, flowers, something to
                 Kingsley Melton.  He is suffering from 2nd and 3rd degree
burns
                 and remains hospitalized.  Kingsley was a member of this
board and
                 was a former Vice President of the club.

II.  Treasurer's Report (5 minute)

III. January General Meeting (5 minutes)
        i.   Chair
        ii.  Planning

IV.  February General Meeting (15 minutes)
        i.   Past history of event
             (Board supplies food, supplementary food purchased,
              raffle items, white wine only, etc)
        ii.  Chair for event selected.
        iii. Location and date for event (Tuesday the 13th?).
        iv.  Preliminary list for event of food items brought by board members.

V.   Content of the Next Newsletter (10 minutes)
        i.    Words from the President about the Newsletter
        ii.   Report by newsletter committee
        iii.  Volunteer tasks
        iv.   Story ideas
        v.    Announcement and articles that must go into the newsletter

VI.  Proposals for future activities by the Club (15 minutes)
        i.    Further work on a Development Committee (i.e. fundraising);
        ii.   Year round Head Quarters
        iii.  Establishment of a Community Outreach Committee

VII.  New and Unfinished Business (6 minutes)
        i.   Unfinished business items from past meetings.
                [None unresolved to my knowledge]
        ii.  Items for next meeting
        iii. Announcements- upcoming events
        iv.  Next Meeting Time/Location