[Davis Democrats] Final Agenda for Davis Democrat Club Board Meeting on Tuesday July 3, 2007

G Richard Yamagata PhD yamagata at virtual-markets.net
Mon Jul 2 20:36:47 PDT 2007

Final Agenda for Davis Democratic Club

PLEASE NOTE -- THIS MEETING IS AT THE BLANCHARD ROOM
The meeting starts at 7PM and can go until 9PM.

If you received your DDC board member folder, PLEASE BRING YOUR FOLDER TO
THE MEETING.

This meeting will be held from 7PM to 8:26PM.  We must vacate the room by 9PM.

To let everyone know -- THE MEETING ADJOUNED THE ROOM AT 8:26PM, which was
our projected time for the finish of the meeting!!!  President Arun Sen
wants this meeting to be about the 4th of July booth.  We will deal with
manning the Yolo County Central Committee Booth at the Yolo County Fair and
Jerry's Ice Cream Social at the next meeting.

Please note that all Davis Democrat Club members are welcome to attend the
board meeting.  Usually, we have several guests, both members and
non-members, at these meetings.

Davis Democrat Club Board Meeting on Tuesday July 3,

             Davis Democratic Club Meeting Agenda
                Tuesday, July 3, 7 pm - 8:26 pm
     Place: Davis Branch, Yolo County Library in Davis.
                     315 East 14th Street.

I.  Introduction and Political Joke (10 minutes)
        i.    Approval of Agenda
        ii.   Approval of Minutes for past meetings as they are submitted
              (Minutes from May and June Board Meetings.)
               These minutes have been sent out to the list.
        iii.  Comments and issues from the Public and general members.
              a. From public for unscheduled presentations.
        iv.   Minutes and reports from other clubs and campus Democrats
              a. Specific report from the Woodland Club, from invited
representative.
              b. Report from Yolo County Young Democrats, read by Arun for
Rich Petersen
              c. Report from Yolo County Blue (new club), Lyle Smith.
              d. Report from UCDavis Campus Democrats by President or VP
              e. Report from Davis High Democrats, Unknown
              f. Report on the President's activities for the club, Arun Sen.
              g. Report on the May meeting of the YCDCC
                 (Yolo County Democratic Central Committee)

III.  Board Membership Items (5 minutes)
        i.   Election of Barry Wilson to the Board
        ii.  Election of Mike Syvanen to office of Vice President (until 02/08)

III.  Treasurer's Report -- Betty Weir (5 minutes)

IV.   Report from Budget Committee -- Bill Ritter Chair and Carl Schmid
member (5 minutes)

V.    Report from Membership Committee Carl Schmid Chair, Rick Gonzales
member (5 minutes)
        i.   Results of efforts at membership renewal
        ii.  Results of progress on precinct captains

VI.   Content of the Next Newsletter (10 minutes)
        i.   Report by newsletter committee (New Chair Needed
        ii.  Volunteer tasks
        iii.   Story ideas
        iv.    Announcements and articles that must go into the newsletter

VII.   Report from Scheduling Committee -- Claire Black Slotton (5 minutes)
        Events Coordination and Scheduling --
               Note: no event at the Blanchard Room in June, July and August.

VIII.  June Champaigne Brunch Report (5 Minutes)
        i.   Report from Chair, Betty Weir (financial) and President Arun Sen

IX.  Future Events (15 minutes)
        ii.  4th of July Booth
                a.  Committee  Richard Peterson coordinating clubs at booth
                    (We still need someone to step up to chair this event)
                b.  Sign-up for times at booth
                c.  What we are selling? -- Drinks and Baked Goods
                d.  What we are promoting and distributing?  Buttons and
Bumpers Stickers
        iii. Emily and Jerry's Ice Cream Social on August 23
                a.  Emcee will be Jerry Kaneko
                b.  Event Chair needed and Timekeeper is Arun Sen

X.   Report from Community Outreach and Fundraising Committees (5 minutes)
        Chair for these committee are needed.

XI.   Future activities by the Club (5 minutes)
        i.    By-Laws Committee  Jim Provenza Chair  G Richard Yamagata member

XII.   Report on Progress of NorCal Democratic Club project -- Judy Reynolds
(5 minutes)

XIII.  New and Unfinished Business (6 minutes)
        i.   Unfinished business items from past meetings.
                [None unresolved to my knowledge]
        ii.  Items for next meeting
        iii. Announcements- upcoming events
        iv.  Next Meeting Time/Location