[Davis Democrats] Al Gore--sign the Live Earth Pledge

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Wed Jul 11 16:51:39 PDT 2007

------ Forwarded Message
From: Al Gore <AlGore at algore.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 14:30 -0400
To: <jac07 at dcn.org>
Subject: Our work begins

  <http://www.algore.com>

Sign the Live Earth Pledge. Then email five of your friends and ask them to
sign the pledge by visiting:

http://algore.com/pledge <http://algore.com/pledge/>

A decade from now, when people look back on Live Earth, what they will
remember isn't what happened during the show - instead my hope is they
remember what happened after. More than 2 billion of us joined together on
7.7.07, and with one voice, demanded an end to the climate crisis. We now
have the responsibility to carry this movement forward and force our leaders
to take action.

The first step is to make sure every single person possible joins us. If you
haven't already, please sign the Live Earth Pledge. Then email five of your
friends and ask them to sign the pledge by visiting:

http://algore.com/pledge

All of the actions we take from here on out to solve the climate crisis will
be based on a simple premise: our home, Earth, is in danger. We don't risk
destroying the planet, but instead risk making it inhospitable for human
beings.

We have put so much carbon dioxide into the atmosphere that we have changed
the heat balance between Earth and the Sun. If we don't stop soon, the
average temperature will increase to levels that will end the favorable
climate balance on which our civilization depends.

Throughout most of our short history, the United States and the American
people have provided moral leadership for the world. Establishing the Bill
of Rights, framing democracy in the Constitution, defeating Fascism in World
War II, toppling Communism, and landing on the moon - all were the result of
American leadership.

Once again, Americans must come together and direct our government to take
on a global challenge. Our leadership is a precondition for success.

We need to demonstrate that we have reached the tipping point where
political will demands our representatives take action to solve the climate
crisis. That's why it's so vital that millions of Americans sign the Live
Earth Pledge.

Sign the Live Earth Pledge today by visiting:

http://algore.com/pledge

The climate crisis offers us the chance to experience what few generations
in history have had the privilege of experiencing: a mission; a compelling
moral purpose; a shared cause; and the thrill of being forced by
circumstances to put aside the pettiness and conflict of politics and to
embrace a genuine moral and spiritual challenge.

Please email five of your friends right now. Ask them to join us in this
cause and sign the Live Earth Pledge today by visiting:

http://algore.com/pledge

Our work begins now.

Thank you,

Al Gore

   You can unsubscribe
<http://www.algore.com/unsubscribe.html?key=wmgmibylRB&x=U2FsdGVkX18b0His0NG
8LrqHYpUdwcUwfusJCHXfVNg=>  from this list at any time. View our Privacy
Policy <http://www.algore.com/privacy.html>