[Davis Democrats] FW: We did it! From Senator Barbara Boxer

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Thu Jul 12 15:56:59 PDT 2007

------ Forwarded Message
From: Barbara Boxer <info at barbaraboxer.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 19:55:48 GMT
To: John Chendo <jac07 at dcn.org>
Subject: We did it!

   <http://www.barbaraboxer.com>

  Dear John,
 <http://ga6.org/boxer2010/join-forward.html?domain=boxer2010&r=DdMKA4s1IhT4
&>
 Invite 5 friends to join our community!
<http://ga6.org/boxer2010/join-forward.html?domain=boxer2010&r=DdMKA4s1IhT4&

Two weeks ago, I asked our BarbaraBoxer.com community to help us reach an
ambitious fundraising goal of $2 million cash-on-hand before the June 30th
filing deadline. And boy did our community deliver.

We'll be announcing the exact total in the next few days, but I can tell you
today that thanks to our community's help, we went well beyond that $2
million mark -- and will put our opponents on notice that we're already
getting prepared for 2010!

Not only that, we added over 10,000 new donors to our 2010 campaign. It's
only with the support of our BarbaraBoxer.com community that I can continue
to fight, day in and day out, for a better America in the United States
Senate.

But as we celebrate this good news, you and I know that there is still much
more work to do. You don't have to look much further than last week, when
right before the July 4th holiday, President Bush commuted Scooter Libby's
jail sentence. Scooter Libby was part of a coordinated White House operation
to punish a leading war critic, Joe Wilson, by "outing" his wife's identity
as a covert CIA agent. This was just one more example of this
Administration's efforts to squelch dissent on the Iraq war at any cost.

The President promised to "take the appropriate action" if he discovered
that anyone in his Administration outed Valerie Plame -- and now I guess we
see what action he had in mind.

But we are not standing by silently as President Bush tries to stifle
dissent and pursue a failed strategy in Iraq. Fortunately, more and more
members of Congress are now recognizing what we've known for many months:
our men and women in uniform are still caught in the middle of a bloody
civil war in Iraq with no end in sight.

Key Republicans like Senator Dick Lugar from Indiana, the Ranking Republican
on the Foreign Relations Committee, and Senator Pete Domenici of New Mexico
are already starting to call for a change to the Administration's policy in
Iraq. It's our job to keep up the pressure and put an end to this war. Our
troops can't wait any longer.

That's why my colleagues in the Senate and I are holding a debate about the
Defense Authorization Bill this week, which will determine the military
budget for the next year. The goal is to push for withdrawal plans now --
because, like you, I know that we need to change direction and end this war.
The recent "surge" of tens of thousands of troops has done nothing but put
more and more of our brave service men and women in harm's way.

Together, by continuing to speak out and fight for what's right, we will put
America back on track. But we need even more people to join us in this
fight.

So please invite 5 friends to join our BarbaraBoxer.com community and help
us change the direction of our country.
<http://ga6.org/boxer2010/join-forward.html?domain=boxer2010&r=DdMKA4s1IhT4&

Thank you so much for your continued support. I couldn't keep fighting
without you.

Sincerely,

Barbara Boxer
U.S. Senator

P.S. Please invite 5 friends to join our BarbaraBoxer.com community today.
<http://ga6.org/boxer2010/join-forward.html?domain=boxer2010&r=DdMKA4s1IhT4&
>   Just one minute of your time will help us spread the word and build our
grassroots movement for change. Thank you!

Visit BarbaraBoxer.com <http://ga6.org/ct/ipMKA4s1DPEL/home>  | Tell a
Friend!
<http://ga6.org/boxer2010/join-forward.html?domain=boxer2010&r=DdMKA4s1IhT4&

Paid for by Friends of Barbara Boxer.
Contributions to Friends of Barbara Boxer are not tax-deductible for federal
income tax purposes.
FEC #C00279315

  Invite your friends and family to join Friends of Barbara Boxer today!
  Tell-a-friend!
<http://ga6.org/join-forward.html?domain=boxer2010&r=DdMKA4s1IhT4>

  If you received this message from a friend, you can sign up for Friends of
Barbara Boxer <http://ga6.org/boxer2010/join.html?r=DdMKA4s1IhT4E> .