[Davis Democrats] U, S. Senator Russ Feingold(D-Wisconsin ) on censure

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Tue Jul 24 14:20:16 PDT 2007

------ Forwarded Message
From: "Russ Feingold, U.S. Senator" <russ at progressivepatriotsfund.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 16:44:32 GMT
To: John Chendo <jac07 at dcn.org>
Subject: Censure

  <http://www.progressivepatriotsfund.com>

  Dear John, Since Sunday, when I announced that I am drafting two censure
proposals condemning the President,  <http://ga1.org/ct/VdeuN9S1yQUi/> Vice
President, and the administration for their misguided actions in Iraq and
for their disregard for the rule of law, I've received thousands of emails
and phone calls from people in Wisconsin and around the country.  I've also
read and watched what 'pundits' and the 'D.C consultant class' have had to
say about my proposals.  And, while it's really no surprise, the two
couldn't be farther away from one another. I've heard some pundits
characterize censure as 'piling on' an unpopular president that could, in
the end, hurt Democrats in 2008.  Some have said it's a 'big tactical
mistake. I could go on, but I'm sure you get the point. Meanwhile, outside
of Washington, D.C., it's clear from the thousands of responses I've
received, from people on both sides of the aisle, that the American people
as a whole are sick and tired of the notion of an imperial presidency.
Americans are demanding accountability. From illegal domestic wiretapping,
to the President's dubious signing statements, to the current U.S. Attorney
scandal; from manipulating intelligence data to suit their ideology, to
their dishonesty about weapons of mass destruction, to their disgraceful
efforts to convince Americans that Iraq was directly involved with the
attacks of 9/11, the Bush White House has failed this country in a
catastrophic manner. We have a duty and responsibility to make sure that
this President, and future presidents, understand clearly that Americans
value the rule of law and will not stand by while an administration ignores
our laws and our Constitution. I'm continuing to work on both censure
resolutions and will formally introduce them in the coming days, but I still
need your feedback.  Please click here
<http://www.progressivepatriotsfund.com/link-redirect.jsp?domain=progressive
patriots&itemID=31246315&member_key=8ieuwkw42bwtk3b&source=web_censure0707a>
to send me your thoughts. It's time to get our country moving in a new
direction. But that new direction must start by acknowledging that the Bush
Administration must be held to account and compelled to follow the laws of
our country. Sincerely, Russ Feingold
United States Senator
Honorary Chair, Progressive Patriots Fund

  Visit the web address below to tell your friends about this.
  Tell-a-friend!
<http://ga1.org/join-forward.html?domain=progressivepatriots&r=q7euN9S1XTWr>

  If you received this message from a friend, you can sign up for
Progressive Patriots Fund
<http://ga1.org/progressivepatriots/join.html?r=q7euN9S1XTWrE> .

page <http://ga1.org/progressivepatriots/smp.tcl?nkey=8ieuwkw42bwtk3b&>  to
modify your email communication preferences or update your personal profile.
To stop ALL email from Progressive Patriots Fund, click to remove
<http://ga1.org/progressivepatriots/remove-domain-direct.tcl?ctx=center&nkey
=8ieuwkw42bwtk3b&>  yourself from our lists (or reply via email with
"remove" in the subject line).

 Authorized and paid for by the Progressive Patriots Fund,
 Daniel D. Hannula, Superior, WI, Treasurer

PO Box 628008 Middleton, WI 53562 | phone: 608.831.1308 | fax: 608.831.1348
 email: russ at progressivepatriotsfund.com  |
http://www.progressivepatriotsfund.com
Manage your profile
<http://ga1.org/progressivepatriots/smp.tcl?show_subs=profile&nkey=8ieuwkw42