[Davis Democrats] Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Fri Jul 27 12:44:19 PDT 2007

------ Forwarded Message
From: "J.B. Poersch" <info at dscc.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 11:12:25 -0400 (EDT)
To: <jac07 at dcn.org>
Subject: A thumpin'

<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=wtaoVPEDkGw6pbTX4PFY3fv
V7CWu0o5q>

   Dear john ,

<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=TcwOQBiS%2BzE6pbTX4PFY3
fvV7CWu0o5q>

<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=5cC91MOgt%2BI6pbTX4PFY3
fvV7CWu0o5q>

<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=7rJ9CJps5rw6pbTX4PFY3fv
V7CWu0o5q>
  When you get right down to it, fundraising is a barometer for how the
American people feel about a candidate or a party.

 That's why I am so excited to tell you that the DSCC is breaking our
fundraising records left and right while the National Republican Senatorial
Committee lags far behind.

 Americans want more Democrats in the Senate and even Republican Senate
Minority Leader Mitch McConnell knows it.  Recently he said, "holding our
own is about all we could hope for" in the 2008 Senate races.

 The DSCC is analyzing each state to see where our best chances are to
increase the Democrats' narrow 51-49 Senate majority in 2008.

 And let me tell you, we're seeing more opportunities everyday.

 John Sununu Looking for Nearest Rock to Hide Under

 In 2006, Republican House members were routed in the Northeast.  Now, it
looks like New Hampshire Senator John Sununu could be looking at the same
fate in 2008.  As one of the strongest supporters of President Bush's failed
policies in Iraq, Sununu now holds only a 43% favorability rating, according
to a recent survey.

 Click here to see more on John Sununu and his decline in approval rating.
<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=3tvCjkhGrJk6pbTX4PFY3fv
V7CWu0o5q>

 Even worse for Sununu, when he is matched up in a race with popular
Democrat Jeanne Shaheen (who has yet to declare), he loses by 16 points.

 Gordon Smith Does the Flip Flop

 Oregon Senator Gordon Smith styles himself as a moderate, but time and
again over the last few years, he has gone to bat for the Bush
administration when it counts.  And Oregonians are starting to see right
through it.

 A recent poll conducted by the DSCC found that only 34% of Oregonians plan
to vote for Smith next year, while 45% say they will consider voting for
someone else.

 Click here to learn more about this recent poll on Gordon Smith.
<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=nvriSs3DGJE6pbTX4PFY3fv
V7CWu0o5q>

 The Thumpin' Continues in Kentucky

 Even Mitch McConnell, the Republican leader in the Senate, is facing
serious problems, with his state's Republican governor embroiled in a
scandal and an approval rating of only 48%.

 Click here to see how supporting President Bush has hurt Mitch McConnell.
<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=LeIxMCabbEg6pbTX4PFY3fv
V7CWu0o5q>

 Meanwhile, Democratic challengers in other states are showing early
promise.  In Colorado, where the GOP incumbent is retiring, Democratic Rep.
Mark Udall already has more than $2.5 million in the bank and in Maine,
Democratic Rep. Tom Allen has raised $1.5 million in his bid to unseat GOP
incumbent Susan Collins.

 Add it all up and Democrats could not ask for a better start in our battle
to preserve and expand our Senate majority in 2008.  But if we know
anything, it is that no matter what the polls or fundraising numbers say, in
the end, these races will all be competitive and will come down to who wants
it more.

 There is a popular, but false, belief that Democrats trounced Republicans
in the Senate elections in 2006.  It is worth remembering that for all our
successes, we won in Montana by less than 3,000 votes and won in Virginia by
just 7,000 votes.  If either of those states went the other way, Republicans
would control the Senate today.

 That's why we've got to stay vigilant.  That's why we need to keep
Republicans on the run.

 Sincerely,

J.B. Poersch
 Executive Director, DSCC

 P.S. Click here to make a contribution of $100, $200 or more to help the
DSCC capitalize on early Democratic momentum to expand our Senate majority
in 2008.
<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=4iBfG1dOBN06pbTX4PFY3fv
V7CWu0o5q>

  Donate today to help the DSCC capitalize on early Democratic momentum to
expand our Senate majority in 2008.
<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=%2BDRnNN5c93E6pbTX4PFY3
fvV7CWu0o5q>
    If you received this message from a friend, click this button to join
the DSCC.
<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=6bQNO91%2BNWE6pbTX4PFY3
fvV7CWu0o5q>

Paid for by the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, http://dscc.org,
and not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.