[Davis Democrats] FW: Did you know Richard Pombo's "longtime friend" is running against me?

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Fri Jun 29 10:57:09 PDT 2007

------ Forwarded Message
From: "Jerry McNerney, McNerney for Congress" <info at jerrymcnerney.org>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 13:30:15 -0400 (EDT)
To: <jac07 at dcn.org>
Subject: Did you know Richard Pombo's "longtime friend" is running against
me?

 <http://www.jerrymcnerney.org>
        Hello,
> "Jerry McNerney (is) a Goliath-slaying changer who has sprinted since arriving
> in Washington, D.C. He's already in the Republican Party cross hairs, so it
> remains to be seen if the Democratic representative from Pleasanton becomes a
> political Halley's Comet." ~ Mike Klocke, Editor, Stockton Record, May 27,
> 2007
You may be wondering -- why is it so important for us to raise "$100K in 5
days" before Saturday night's critical Federal Election Commission campaign
finance deadline?
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=ophpwbcab.0.ehnwmvbab.uuaecqbab.9778&ts=S0259&p=htt
p%3A%2F%2Fwww.jerrymcnerney.org%2Fcontribute> Because the Republican Party's
right-wing smear machine is already raising hundreds of thousands of dollars
to defeat us. Did you know that the Republicans are already waging a
strategic campaign to return this seat to a "longtime friend" of Richard
Pombo? Did you know that Karl Rove has personally placed me as #3 on his
campaign hit list? Did you know that the National Republican Congressional
Committee has launched a swift-boat style smear site on me called "The Real
Jerry McNerney"? Without your help, I can't fight back. To prevent these
extreme right-wingers from stopping our movement before it changes
Washington, I need your financial support today - and before Saturday
night's critical FEC deadline.

http://www.jerrymcnerney.org/FightBack
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=ophpwbcab.0.ehnwmvbab.uuaecqbab.9778&ts=S0259&p=htt
p%3A%2F%2Fwww.jerrymcnerney.org%2Fcontribute>
 <http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=ophpwbcab.0.wp6swbcab.uuaecqbab.9778&ts=S0259&p=Wi
thout%2520your%2520help%2C%2520I%2520can%27t%2520fight%2520back.%2520To%2520
prevent%2520these%2520extreme%2520right-wingers%2520from%2520stopping%2520ou
r%2520movement%2520before%252> The election is 16 months away and they are
already on the attack, spending thousands of dollars to give this seat to
Richard Pombo's hand-picked friend -- a Republican candidate praised by a
GOP consultant who knows him as "one of the most conservative members who
ever served in the (California) state legislature." Did you know that the
NRCC has spammed voters in our district with over 100,000 shameless email
attacks on me? Did you know that the NRCC started airing attack ads on local
radio stations grossly distorting my voting record? Did you know that the
NRCC followed up these brazen radio ads with automated "robo-calls" to
people's homes? Can you show Karl Rove and the NRCC today that every single
time they attack, you will fight back?

http://www.jerrymcnerney.org/FightBack
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=ophpwbcab.0.ehnwmvbab.uuaecqbab.9778&ts=S0259&p=htt
p%3A%2F%2Fwww.jerrymcnerney.org%2Fcontribute>
I've said it before. I'll say it again. I did not run for Congress to be a
politician. I ran for Congress to be a public servant.
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=ophpwbcab.0.ehnwmvbab.uuaecqbab.9778&ts=S0259&p=htt
p%3A%2F%2Fwww.jerrymcnerney.org%2Fcontribute> When I made my "earmark"
requests public to keep my promise to you to be open and accountable, I knew
the NRCC would try to use this transparency against me. But, even though
most of my colleagues are not releasing their records, I am releasing mine.
When I decided I had no other choice but to deny President Bush another
blank check to wage his endless war in Iraq, I knew the NRCC would crank up
their smear-and-fear machine. But, against the conventional wisdom of
pundits inside Washington, I voted "No" on the supplemental funding bill.
You may not think it's urgent and important to financially support my
campaign today. But, if we're going to stand up for ethics and reform in
Washington, I really do need your help today. In whatever amount you can
afford, please stand up for me before Saturday at 11:59 p.m.
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=ophpwbcab.0.ehnwmvbab.uuaecqbab.9778&ts=S0259&p=htt
p%3A%2F%2Fwww.jerrymcnerney.org%2Fcontribute>
http://www.jerrymcnerney.org/FightBack
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=ophpwbcab.0.ehnwmvbab.uuaecqbab.9778&ts=S0259&p=htt
p%3A%2F%2Fwww.jerrymcnerney.org%2Fcontribute> Remember -- every single
dollar you donate today is a down-payment on making sure we can defend
ourselves against Republican smears and propaganda designed to scare and
confuse good folks just like you and me. Like I said the other day, please
consider donating today as if your democracy depends on it. It does. Thank
you again for everything you are doing to support our movement. P.S. Time is
really running out. Only a few hours remain before Saturday's FEC campaign
finance reporting deadline.
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=ophpwbcab.0.ehnwmvbab.uuaecqbab.9778&ts=S0259&p=htt
p%3A%2F%2Fwww.jerrymcnerney.org%2Fcontribute>  Right now, $25,000 separates
us from this critical goal (you can track our progress at
jerrymcnerney.org). The only way we will be able to make it is if you decide
to help me fight back by contributing now:
http://www.jerrymcnerney.org/FightBack
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=ophpwbcab.0.ehnwmvbab.uuaecqbab.9778&ts=S0259&p=htt
p%3A%2F%2Fwww.jerrymcnerney.org%2Fcontribute> Oh, and, if you have a few
more minutes after you contribute, can you share you thoughts with me as
well? Just click the link above to write me a quick note telling me what you
think. I really enjoy reading your feedback!

    email: info at jerrymcnerney.org
     web: http://www.JerryMcNerney.org
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=ophpwbcab.0.5pulyubab.uuaecqbab.9778&ts=S0259&p=htt
p%3A%2F%2Fwww.JerryMcNerney.org>

FORWARD this email to your friends, family and neighbors!
<http://ui.constantcontact.com/sa/fwtf.jsp?m=1101124469396&ea=jac07%40dcn.or
g&a=1101716233710>

 <http://visitor.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?p=un&m=1101124469396&ea=jac07%40d
cn.org&se=9778&t=1101716233710&lang=en&reason=F> This email was sent to
jac07 at dcn.org, by info at jerrymcnerney.org
Update Profile/Email Address
<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?p=oo&m=1101124469396&ea=jac07%40dc
n.org&se=9778&t=1101716233710&lang=en&reason=F>  | Instant removal with
SafeUnsubscribe
<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?p=un&m=1101124469396&ea=jac07%40dc
n.org&se=9778&t=1101716233710&lang=en&reason=F> £ | Privacy Policy
<http://ui.constantcontact.com/roving/CCPrivacyPolicy.jsp> .
Email Marketing <http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=business03>  by
 <http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=business03>

McNerney for Congress | P.O. Box 12022 | Pleasanton | CA | 94588