[Davis Democrats] Fwd: Party - 3/22/07

Kingsley Melton meltonkl at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 19 11:26:28 PDT 2007

Happy Monday Everyone!

Hopefully I will see you all on Wednesday.  An extra thanks for all of the support-- it has helped immeasurably.

   A thank you and an invite

  Dear Friends,

     Thank you for your thoughts, prayers and love that are helping me through these tough times following that horrific fire that burnt me pretty badly.

    I would normally write you by hand but I still have difficulty holding a pen and my hand shakes a bit so my writing is even less intelligible than usual.  Anyway, aside from that, and some difficulty with a few things like walking and sleeping on my back, I’m doing really well, much better I think than the doctors thought I would be at this time.  I am going through a lot of physical therapy and taking things one day at a time, with  every day a little better than the day before.
    The love and support of my girlfriend Jenny, my family and friends, and even some people I haven’t met before, gives me added strength and total confidence I’ll be back in the saddle before too long.

    I don’t know how I can thank everyone enough.  I just feel like having a party.  So I decided to have one.  I’m turning the Big 30 on March 22.  My folks have reserved the Oddfellows Hall in Davis (yes, they’re members!) and I’ve lined up a great band (not Pop’s!) and my friends are putting together some good food and drinks.  It’ll go from about 7-10 pm.

    I’m looking forward to seeing  everyone and thanking you in person for your caring about me.  Everybody should be so lucky.   I hope you can make it.

    Love,

    Kingsley