[Davis Democrats] Davis Democratic Club Campaign Training, 22 May

Lyle Smith lyleasmith at yahoo.com
Thu May 10 09:10:02 PDT 2007

  Fellow Democrats:

The May General Meeting of the Davis Democratic Club will be a hands-on seminar and campaign training. Board Members Lyle Smith and Rich Peterson will conduct the training on Tuesday, 22 May, 7:00 PM at the Blanchard Room of the Davis Library, 315 E 14th Street.
    “Winning with a Democratic Message in the November School Board Election” will show Democrats the importance of reaching out to the Davis community in order to increase Democratic Turnout and Democratic Performance. We will also discuss why working hard in an expected low-turnout election not only gets results this November, but will also pay dividends throughout the three elections (Presidential Primary, State Primary and Presidential) in 2008.
    Participants are asked to bring a calculator for crunching numbers, along with a notebook and pen for taking notes. We’re going to do a little math. While the math isn’t anything really advanced, it’s important to come up with accurate numbers. The notebook is for putting your thoughts on paper as we work on developing a Democratic Message.
    Food. Campaign food is traditionally fast food, lots of sugar and caffine. The original idea was to have pizza and sodas, which we will have.  If you’d like, bring a pot-luck dish to share with four to six people.
    For more information, please contact Lyle Smith on his cell phone, 530.554.7257, or by email at lyleasmith at yahoo.com
I hope to see you there.

Keep hope alive!

Lyle Smith